Dont know how far along

Netm83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I have a pregnant cat and I have no idea how pregnant she is. I have felt the babies moving for a week now. Today I felt the babies limbs. Any ideas on gestation? She just sleeps all day

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are pregnant for around 63 days. The kitten's movements can be felt at about the 5th week, or35 days. if you have felt them for a week, she may be about 42 days. You may have at least 20 days left. she may be further along than that because the first movements are hardly noticeable. It's all a big waiting game, but just keep her calm and let nature take its course. Premature kittens have very little chance of survival. Make sure she is getting kitten food, it is higher in calories and nutrition. Especially when she is nursing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Netm83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou so much for your reply. I will start her on the kitten food. She always by my side so I can take good care of her 😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Netm83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was just wondering how far a long my cat could be with these baby movements. Can anyone tell?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are usually moving around about 3 weeks before delivery. It's extremely hard to tell unless you know when she got pregnant. Then it's 63-70 days from that time. Premature kittens have almost no chance, so just observe her and it will happen when it is time!