Don't judge a book by it's cover!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW guys, this is a prime example of how you can't judge a book by it's cover. A guy just came to adopt little Josie, an 8 week old foster kitten who was born here in foster care. He has had her spoken for now since she was like 2 weeks old.  First of all, he's super young, 21 years old at the most. He looks like a total thug, skating hat, baggy pants, lots of big chains including a large cross around his neck, etc. The first thing he did when he came in was give me the vet paperwork for his other cat showing she was spayed, and told me all about how he worked at the local exhibition and how he rescued her from one of the barns as a kitten infested with fleas, worms, etc. It was so cute to see him snuggling this baby kitten and totally loving her already. Aside from all this, he gave a donation of $200 (double the suggested donation) for Josie because he said he knows how much everything costs to have done for the cats, and he loves what we do.  I was SO thrilled and impressed!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's a great story! Our local shelter had a similar experience. The old building it used to be in had no parking, but there was a really big old unused garage across from it. The owner donated it, and when the shelter asked for volunteers to tear it down and turn the property into a parking lot, the local Hell's Angels chapter said they would and did a beautiful job. Before that, one of them came in every couple of hours to bottle feed a kitten with a cleft palate that couldn't nurse. He eventually adopted the kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a great story! Our local shelter had a similar experience. The old building it used to be in had no parking, but there was a really big old unused garage across from it. The owner donated it, and when the shelter asked for volunteers to tear it down and turn the property into a parking lot, the local Hell's Angels chapter said they would and did a beautiful job. Before that, one of them came in every couple of hours to bottle feed a kitten with a cleft palate that couldn't nurse. He eventually adopted the kitten.
Now THAT is a lovely picture... Tattooed biker boy lovin' on a lil kitten...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on making such a happy match~~
 As my grandma used to say (in Spanish) "the outside of a person you can see, but not what's in their heart".