'Doll Face'/Traditional Persians

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why are such breeders rare; just because they are not recognized by the big 2? Aren't they much healthier.

I have 3 Birmans; can someone recommend a reputable breeder who produces Traditional Himalayans?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breeders should breed to the standard.

The older style Persians can have issues with eyes and crooked jaws. They will also need to be tested for PRA, PKD. A well bred Persian will not be unhealthy.

there are other longer nosed breeds such as Neva Masquerade or British Longhair that come in the colourpoint pattern if it’s the pattern that interests you about Himi’s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aren't they called Doll Face?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
No, that’s just a layterm for non-show quality Persians. Ie ones not up to breed standard.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why are such breeders rare; just because they are not recognized by the big 2? Aren't they much healthier.

I have 3 Birmans; can someone recommend a reputable breeder who produces Traditional Himalayans?
This is my opinion and some may disagree. I hesitate sending people to breeders who do not breed to standard. In my experience those breeders breed for profit and rarely do all the health testing, sometimes over breed and sell to anyone with the money for a kitten. To answer your question about ‘traditional’ Persians being healthier- No, they are not necessarily healthier. Honestly, I have only met one non show breeder who does all the testing and puts the well being of her cats first. I believe that a breeder should not strive to breed pet quality kittens because there are truly enough pets that need homes. When I was breeding, my goal was to have a show quality kitten to show. I stopped breeding when I saw I was going to stop showing.