Dogs keep coming back, cat killed

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful of using things the cats may get into too. I think your solutions are good ones. Inside for now and high places. Animal control really needs to be involved. Especially if a dog is in a harness. He may have been lost and be chipped. If someone is missing him , you may be reuniting a family if animal control gets involved. Removing the dogs would be a lot less trouble and expense. Try to be present to talk to animal control when they come.

T.O.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry! ugh! Texas and the dogs roaming it’s unreal to someone who is from the north.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moreknow

learning to help ferals :)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Be careful of using things the cats may get into too. I think your solutions are good ones. Inside for now and high places. Animal control really needs to be involved. Especially if a dog is in a harness. He may have been lost and be chipped. If someone is missing him , you may be reuniting a family if animal control gets involved. Removing the dogs would be a lot less trouble and expense. Try to be present to talk to animal control when they come.
13 out of 24 cats are either in my house or garage, im literally standing outside looking to see if they come down the road. 2 did but i shot at them and they retreated.. they just be barking and i guess that's the cue for the outside cats to go in a safe place, i just checked and one is on my neighbor's fence, the other is hiding on the left side of the fence, and one is underneath a tree. Im talking with my friend to see if he can lend me his dog cages while i await the arrival of animal control.. i can't really trust those organizations even though Harris County Pets is rated 4 stars on google. I will stay up and watch out for dogs till 2:30am. I pray to God nothing happens during the time im asleep

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

moreknow

Adult Cat
Purraise
Could you try calling some dog rescue places and see if they will help you catch the dogs? I feel sorry for them being out in the cold and being shot at. It's not their fault they're out, they've been let down by humankind just the way the cats have.

Home - Houston Pets Alive!

Abandoned Pet Project – Working Together To Save Lives

Find A Lost Pet | Harris County Public Health | Texas
I have called Harris County pets, and they said it could take up to 3 days for animal control to show up. I shot at them when they get close to my house but i dont want to hurt them.. it is relatively warm now in Houston. I am hoping to catch them by the end of this week. It Harris county pets doesnt show up i will call the other resources :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in an area where dogs are the preferred creature. I have had some very inappropriate remarks. I also know that rescuers of all creatures are facing more and more animals being dumped due to problems in society now. I’m so sorry you are having to guard the kitties. I have done that too but it was guarding from humans. I hope the dogs keep their distance and you can get them into a rescue. Especially concerned about the one in the harness being more of a lost dog that a dumped one. Around here we have had some pets wander after losing their human too. It’s bad all the way around. Sending you all hope that the kitties stay safe and that someone in some group will help you. :rock:You’re awesome for standing guard over the kitties!

moreknow

Adult Cat
Purraise
they came back last night, but i noticed that at night, the cats don't sleep where they typically do.. instead they're squatted down together in odd places. I feel like at night is where they have to be alert.. I will stay up again watching out for them