dog threads...any good ones?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any one know of any good dog health threads? Or just dog threads in general? I have some questions about a dog. Or if any of you know.....

I just got my Dad a new puppy for christmas, and my moms dog was not upset about it. My moms dog is 14 years young, and she wasnt at all upset about the new puppy. In fact, she was playing with the new pup within minutes of meeting.

About an hour after meeting the pup, My moms dog thew up right in front of the puppy. Anyone know why? My moms dog never ever pukes. But she had just got done eating, and then vomited the dog food up. All of it, right in front of the puppy. And the pup was just looked at My moms dog like "what's that for? Me to eat?"

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Your mom's dog was probably just too excited after meeting the new puppy, nothing to worry about.
my guess too

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just joined the Canine Crib site, and saw your post there. It was real easy to join, but seems like its not real active. Maybe if all the dog people here go over...I found the link at this site.
http://www.caninecrib.com/dog/forum/default.asp

DoggieBagOnline looks a lot more active...funny how many forums there are for behavior! Cats are SO much easier than dogs! LOL!

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

DoggieBagOnline looks a lot more active...funny how many forums there are for behavior! Cats are SO much easier than dogs! LOL!
lol you noticed that too huh? I havent had a puppy in 5 years so im kinda starting all over lol.... so far Nahima dosent bark but she sure can HOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLL !!! lol

(reminds self to find our doggie thread and post more pictures)

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I saw her pics at the Canine Crib. She is just gorgeous. When can I send Red and Blue to you, they will match Salem and Isis just great!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Canine crib is still a pup on the Internet, but it will get busier soon-

bullit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe her instinct to give food to the puppy kicked in. Dog species in the wild bring back food to the puppies in their stomachs. The puppies lick the muzzles of the adults to get them to bring up the meat for them.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bullit

Maybe her instinct to give food to the puppy kicked in. Dog species in the wild bring back food to the puppies in their stomachs. The puppies lick the muzzles of the adults to get them to bring up the meat for them.
That was my guess also. Or stress of having a new addition in the house.

If you are looking for simply educational information, Best Friends has a good forum. They are not chatty like they are here, but great resource for information.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Canine crib is still a pup on the Internet, but it will get busier soon-
Well, I like that there are some good TCSers there. And the other site you have to join with your first and last name as your username. If I had read that, I would have joined as Becky Boo!
I'm way too paranoid to be posting all kinds of personal stuff, as we do here, and have my full name there.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah878

Any one know of any good dog health threads? Or just dog threads in general? I have some questions about a dog. Or if any of you know.....

I just got my Dad a new puppy for christmas, and my moms dog was not upset about it. My moms dog is 14 years young, and she wasnt at all upset about the new puppy. In fact, she was playing with the new pup within minutes of meeting.

About an hour after meeting the pup, My moms dog thew up right in front of the puppy. Anyone know why? My moms dog never ever pukes. But she had just got done eating, and then vomited the dog food up. All of it, right in front of the puppy. And the pup was just looked at My moms dog like "what's that for? Me to eat?"
I would think that your Mum's dog was regurgitating it's undigested food for the pup to eat. That's what the alpha dog does in wolf packs, and all doggies operate with a pack mentality no matter how far `removed' they are from wolves in reality.

Your Mum's dog would have automatically assumed an alpha role with the young pup, and seeing as the only dogs in a pack who breed or lead the hunt etc are the alpha pair, it makes sense that she would think the young pup needs to be fed.