dog safety question

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope it works for you. Yes, having the dog step on the seat belt is a whole other experience. My previous GSD was large enough to have reached over and accessed the steering wheel, so I know what you mean about the mastiff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fionasmom fionasmom I got her into the Ruffwear's harness, adjusted and everything on Sunday. Yesterday we actually got in the car and the struggle was to get her to lean forward so I could put the seat belt through the handle. The harness stayed in place all the way to the vet and she could look out the windows. I could brace myself in front of her to unhook the seat belt so there was no falling onto the parking lot for her. (Once was enough of that, IMO) Happy dance.

Coming home she got in and stayed on the floor. She was shocked the kennel guy (a head and a half taller than me, with the build to go with it) picked her up and put her on the back seat. If only... But the harness worked beautifully, and once she got over the shock of being picked up, she was happy to look out the windows again.

This harness is softer without the hard breast plate and, I think, that keeps her from being able to leverage it off.

Thanks again.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so glad to hear that this worked out for you. You just never know what is going to work from one animal to another, so making a suggestion can go either way sometimes. I like the fact that it is an entirely soft harness and one that seems pretty foolproof. We currently use it as the upper body support for our GSD and the fact that it is soft makes is much easier on him than some of the strappy harnesses like the Help Em Up. Great news!