Dog help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dog trainer helped with getting my dog to use the dog door. And helping me be a better dog person. Penelope the dog always goes after Ember. Luna, the white cat; chases the dog hissing and claws ready. I'm gradually extending the dogs territory, to potty train the one dog. And, to introduce Penelope to the cats gradually.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's either part pit bull or a pure pittie and a beautiful lady! :heartshape: I don't blame you for not wanting to muzzle her, that would not be my first choice either. Ember and Luna are absolutely gorgeous cats.:hearthrob: Glad the kitten has a safe room. But I wasn't sure what you meant by, "the dog doesn't require a crate." From the looks of the baby gate a cat or kitten could jump over it and the dog could easily get to them. Since Covid has put a damper on getting into a training class could the trainer come to your house or work with the dog and you in your yard? Obviously the situation will take time and patience but fingers crossed the dynamics will work out. :crossfingers:
The first trainer and I zoomed.
The second trainer came over
My focus was getting the dog to use the dog door, when I hired them. I could get another appointment, to work with the cats. I ordered a dog fence (for inside). Basically a toddler barrier. That will give the dogs more room, and introduce one dog to the cats more; and the other dog to being potty trained in a larger area. I don't want to ask the trainer to come over again, until I've implemented all her suggestions.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
My big issue is allergies. My Bogart has been itching since he was a pup and he will be 7 next month. He's been on Apoquel for a couple of years and that hasn't completely helped. He is on his 2nd round of tx for staph infection and now they put him on prednisone which I don't like. He is still licking his paw and we are almost done weaning off the prenidsone and antibiotic. I did find this in my search and going to give it a good read: Allergy Dog Central – Page 2 – All about dog allergies