does your cats love yogurt????

catlover7731

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cats go crazy over yogurt. they will actually beg for it. Anytime anyone eats a cup of yogurt in the house, they will follow them around and have actuallyjumped on laps for a taste. Is it bad for them?

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know if its bad for them but Tulip has eaten yohurt for over 10 years and shes 18! Mind you it HAS to be vanilla and it has to be the Farm Cream one they sell in Marks and Spencers or she looks at you as if you were something the cat dragged in!!!!!!!! We have tried other makes but always vanilla. She begs for it as well and will take the spoon out of your hand just to get at it.

portdevoix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't eat yogurt, so my cats have never even seen it. They seem to show general interest in kitchen activity, because that is where I prepare their food, even if it's not their mealtime. Once they realize that I'm preparing my weird food, they lose interest.

They try to climb on my lap when I am eating salmon or pepperoni pizza, even going so far as batting at it and trying to grab a piece. But, I just lift them off me and proceed to ignore them, NEVER EVER giving them even a taste of table food, and they just go away to play.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover7731

my cats go crazy over yogurt. they will actually beg for it. Anytime anyone eats a cup of yogurt in the house, they will follow them around and have actuallyjumped on laps for a taste. Is it bad for them?
My roomate's cat used to LOVE yogurt, but only the stuff Nadine ate, which was the highest fat stuff she could find. I think it was something like 12%. Fortunately she couldn't get the stuff often and so Bootsey didn't get it too often. I'm thinking a finger full as a treat once in awhile wont hurt a bit. Cats are so weird, one of ours that has passed on used to go nuts over banana's.
My boyfriends dog just about wags her tail off if pizza is so much as mentioned in the house, I didn't know dogs could have such good taste

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roo loves it! Ice cream too. She gets this look in her eyes when she knows you have either...I call it her "ice cream look"

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spot is a big fan of yogurt. When he was having issues with diarrhea, I gave him a little bit of plain yogurt once per day to help maintain normal bacteria flora in his intestines (it was recommended by my vet). He's been back to normal for weeks now, but he still follows me into the kitchen all the time expecting to get some more.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Somewhere I have a picture of one of my cat's heads inside a yogurt container - he got somewhat stuck trying to lick out the bottom of it (I had to rescue him). I don't buy it often, but they get a little whiff of it and come running from all over the house.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I WISH my cats would like yogurt. It is good for them when they are on antibiotics.

loopy_lou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat loves yoghurt too! She recognises the packaging and I sometimes have to eat it standing up cos if I'm sat down she tries nudging the spoon!

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Somewhere I have a picture of one of my cat's heads inside a yogurt container - he got somewhat stuck trying to lick out the bottom of it (I had to rescue him). I don't buy it often, but they get a little whiff of it and come running from all over the house.
Maddie loves yogurt..all kinds..Franz, not at all interested. Momofmany...your comment reminded me of my childhood collie named Penny. She used to go into the cabinet where the Milk Bones were kept and help herself. The funny part was when there were only a couple of Milk Bones left she would reach into the bottom of the box with her long collie muzzle and come out wearing the box...too funny, but that sure was determination!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pitufo loves Yogurt, everytime I open one he runs to me and jumps on top of me. He goes nuts.....I always give him a little bit.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Sierra also enjoys yogurt, and as previously mentioned, it's a healthy treat in moderation for kitties, especially when they're on antibiotics. It is best to get them the plain all natural organic yogurt without added sugar.

zazu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat (sadly not with us anymore) used to LOVE yoghurt - she would recognise the packaging too and would come straight over.. when I was finished with the container I would always give it to her to finish off.. it was sooo funny, she'd end up with it all over her face!!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

it's a healthy treat in moderation for kitties, especially when they're on antibiotics. It is best to get them the plain all natural organic yogurt without added sugar.
I have never tried yoghurt with my boys - I may have to try that

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about yogurt, but Eponine absolutely loves ice cream (especially Blue Bell's "Cookies Cookies Cookies"). She never EVER begs for food- except when I'm eating ice cream. She'll sit in my lap and give me those big kitty eyes that say "Feed me!" She really loves it when I'm sick b/c that's when there's always ice cream around!
This makes me think....have any of y'all ever given those "Frosty Paws" ice cream treats to your cats?
Amy

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have to feed one of my cats (Highway) yoghurt because he had no lining on his stomach- didn't do anything though.
My kitties don't seem to fussed about yoghurt.