Does your cat wake up crying?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happens with Peaches fairly frequently. It really disturbs me. As soon as she hears my voice, she is ok though.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg my RB cat Sasha used to do this!! I always wondered why. As soon as I would call her name though her mew turned normal

Zoey and Saki dont do this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sicycat
omg my RB cat Sasha used to do this!! I always wondered why. As soon as I would call her name though her mew turned normal
EXACTLY!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kuce does this too and I don't know why either. As soon as she hears my voice she settles back down. Poor thing.

Sphinx doesn't do it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They must be. It's such a weird meow too... very different from her normal meow.

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a month(?) after some vet surgery, Ginza would sleep on me, and cry out several times in his sleep, jolted up, saw me, looked so relieved, snuggled up and meowed to me all about his bad dream. Or he was telling me never to take him back to the vet. It broke my heart.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
They must be. It's such a weird meow too... very different from her normal meow.
MRRRREEOOOOWWOWWWOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoey does it when she gets out of the litterbox sometimes.. lol weirdo.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mzjazz2u, does Peaches shed tears on these occasions?... My QT woke up once with a strange meow, and I noticed a couple of tears.
Poor girl!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Rurnt does that too, and sometimes but rarely, Rusty will. But when I speak to 'em, they meow back in a normal voice and either go back to sleep or get up and come to me!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by yayi
Mzjazz2u, does Peaches shed tears on these occasions?... My QT woke up once with a strange meow, and I noticed a couple of tears.
Poor girl!
Peaches is a persian and they frequently have teary eyes so it's hard to say what they are from. But when she wakes up like this I always feel so bad for her.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by KittenKrazy
Miss Rurnt does that too, and sometimes but rarely, Rusty will. But when I speak to 'em, they meow back in a normal voice and either go back to sleep or get up and come to me!
Yes, this is exactly what happens here. If I'm sleeping and Peaches is for some odd reason, in another room, I say something and she also gets up and comes to mommy.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant answer any questions. I've only got a story to add.

If Esper is sleeping in another room and wakes up with no one around her, she will meow mournfully. We'll call out to her and she'll find us and she'll come up to me for a cuddle.

And she is also the one that has nightmares while sleeping. She's the first cat that I ever came across that growls in her sleep. It's rather loud too. You can hear it in the next room. we wake her up ever so carefully at those moments.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can I add a story here?
My DSH Luna will cry if you wake her up. It is the most pitiful thing I've ever heard. If you even walk by her she will wake up and cry, but when you pet her and give her a cuddle she is fine and goes right back to sleep. I've always thought it was because she was a feral cat and maybe she was startled alot when she tried to sleep outside. I'm not sure but it makes me feel so horrible hearing her cry like that so I try and not wake her up when I go past her while she is on her cat tree.

Miss Robbi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ELIJAH started yowling loudly when he woke up in the dark alone. This started soon after his lifelong friend (sister) passed away about 6 months ago. It is a piercingly loud cry that sounds to our ears like TERROR. He is in a state where simply hearing his name is NOT enough, we have to walk to where he is and then he calls and follows us back to another room.
He also cries after eating and walking away from the litter box or when hos in a dark room by a window looking out. It seems clear he is searching for his sister LACI.