Does your cat wag its tail?

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new cat wags his tail -- like a dog!! No, not the swishing of an excited cat or the lashing of an annoyed cat, but the easy continuous back-and-forth motion that reminds me of nothing less than a golden retriever!! Any other forum members have a cat that wags its tail like that?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!

Harley is a tail wagger - I think its so cute!

Especially when he wants to play or is really hyper, it really wags

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baker & Spalding wag, the others only do it when mad or "hunting" birds at the window

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YES!! Hobbes is a total tail wagger!! And he does it just like you say...like a golden retriever or a labrador!! It's the funniest thing! We swear he was a dog in a former life. Lol...

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, Bella does it too! She also sits up on her backlegs and begs!!
I swear she thinks she is a puppy

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many of my cats wag their tail but Stumpy is the obvious one about it. Stumpy has 1/2 of a tail (half was chopped off as a kitten before we found him). The funny thing is that you don't really know what he is trying to say with his tail - it's the end of a tail that really shows expression and its the end of the tail that has the most flexible movement. So he waggles his stump back and forth and if he happens to be standing next to your legs when he does, it feels like someone is poking you with a stick (the bottom half of a tail is fairly rigid). A very odd feeling but you always know when Stumpy is next to you.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy wags his tail. PJ just kind of... twitches it most of the time.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes! Callie will wag her tail when I pet her and when I'm talking to her. If she's sleeping or reclining, she'll just move the tip of her tail when I talk to her. If she's really excited she'll thump her tail!! So cute!

Stephanie

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats tail twitches alot , I find it kind of disturbing as it doesn't really look natural..I'm sure its normal..she's being doing that since she was little, but I still think its weird.

There is some wagging if she is really concentrating on something.

chupi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

A very odd feeling but you always know when Stumpy is next to you.
I have the weirdest image right now! What a cutie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Maybe you should name him Puppy?
Would you believe that's already high on my list?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby is a tail wagger. She loves to snuggle up next to me...butt towards my head, and I wrap my arm around her and gently rub her tummy and she just purrs and wags her tail gently. I know when she's had enough when her tail starts to wag with a bit more determination.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my gracey is a tale wagger the others only do it when play fighting or hunting , or if my littlen has annoyed one of them . funny enough i was only talking to my S/O about this 2 days ago lol

dark_waltz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When he knows hes being naughty or hes annoyed with Maggie the other kitty

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All three of my guys wag their tails but Gizzie is the one that does the most. He is also the talkative kitten. I think Twinkie learned that from Gizzie since I never seen her do it until just recently. Marbles does it too but not as much as Gizzie. I didn't think it was abnormal but than again I am new to cats so everything I see is normal to me unless it's a problem than I freak out.