Does your cat travel?

megan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't know where else to put this, so here it is. Do you take your cat on trips with you (to places other than the vets
)?

I usually take Tabby when I go back to visit my parents, because I'm usually gone for more than a couple of days and I don't like to leave her alone. If it's not a major holiday I get my neighbours to look after her, but I don't like to bother them on major holidays.

The problem is that she absolutely hates her carrying case. Is there anything I can do to get her to stop trying to get out of there for the entire ride? She's very persistent (it's about 2 hours to my parents place - last time I let her out for a bit when I stopped to get something to eat). She's usually fine once we get there - a little scared at first but otherwise okay.

Any tips or stories to share?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi Megan - I moved this thread to the care forum (actually, travelling with cats is the first thing that I mentioned in the forum's description
).

We used to take Mishmish with us when we went to visit our parents (1-2 hours drive). She was 2-3 months old at the time and seemed to enjoy herself over there...

As she grew up we noticed she was more and more stressed by the journey. After she threw up in the car, we decided to stop. Now we don't travel with our cats at all - not even to the vet (our vet makes house calls).

I'll look up some tips on travelling with cats and post them here.