Does your cat sleep with you?

Noahh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I always love when my cat sleeps with me, but it seems I sorta have to trick him into by giving him treats and hoping he stays on my bed or just picking him up and putting him on it. It seems he more so enjoys his cat bed out in the hallway by my bedroom. Lastnight, though, he slept by my legs on my bed, and this morning I woke up to him sleeping on his pillow. (It's a pillow with a bunch of cats on it. :)) I'm curious, does your cat by default sleep with you? Why do you think your cat does?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Domino and Mr Poe sleep with us the majority of the time, especially in winter. Start off with Mr Poe on top of the covers, arriving as soon as lights out. Sometime later he moves off and Domino arrives. Sometimes on top of the covers, then pawing at the covers up by my neck so I'll come to, lift them up, and he can slither all the way down by my knees. He leaves, at some point. At first light Mr Poe returns and settles down, barely under the covers, by my chest. If he leaves before I get up Domino will take over by my pillow, lieing at right angles to the mattress so he can take over more than his fair share of the bed.

Some of it is sociability, some of it is warmth. But they sure are busy, finding / adjusting to the right spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noahh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't sleep with my cats because of my allergies. If you keep your door closed it might make your room more desirable. Cats can't stand to see a door closed. Lol
Ohh. I have heard about that, but I never put two and two together. Thank you! I might try this.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleep with me???

Are you kidding! Arnold and I are sooooo close. If I even lie on my bed during the day, he will join me. He also insists on spooning and he always wants to be on the inside. If I rollover, he will wake up, walk around my feet and lay back down spooning on the inside. He is soooooo attached to me and I am very lucky.

20200225_070931.jpg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noahh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sleep with me???

Are you kidding! Arnold and I are sooooo close. If I even lie on my bed during the day, he will join me. He also insists on spooning and he always wants to be on the inside. If I rollover, he will wake up, walk around my feet and lay back down spooning on the inside. He is soooooo attached to me and I am very lucky.

View attachment 324069
OMG, HE IS LITERALLY THE CUTeST THING EVER!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, HE IS LITERALLY THE CUTeST THING EVER!
Over 20lbs of cuteness.

But unfortunately he is very possessive of me in the bedroom.

Arnold will seldom allow greg to get on the bed.

In fact arnold will often guard the bedroom door from the end of the bed in case greg should want to join us. Once arnold is satisfied that greg wont be coming, arnold will flop down and spoon.

If there is ever a strange noise in the house, arnold is instantly awake and usually goes to investigate and will return to bed once hes convinced the house is "safe".

Arnold watching the door for attackers (greg).

20191204_221135.jpg

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sleep with me on a seasonal basis. They will sleep by themselves in warm weather, but will sleep on the bed when it's colder. One will occasionally ask for permission to come under the covers when it's really cold. The don't all sleep on the bed all night, but come and go as the spirit moves them. At any given time, there's usually two of the three sleeping with me.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive sleeps with me, as my sore back can attest. She has the cutest little routine where she will sit and watch me get ready for bed, and jump in once I climb in and get settled, she likes being the little spoon and my legs are the big spoon. Sometimes she curls up by my right arm.

She also does this thing where she “decides” who to sleep near beteen me and my fiancé. She will go over to him and start stepping on him or seeing what she wants to do, and inevitably always comes back to me lol.

Gohan is an “active” cuddler, so he only comes on the bed when he’s awake and wants to cuddle.

Our late cat Trin liked to sleep between us, often kicking us half off the bed and sometimes booking our noses at 3 am for cuddles. He was a sweet and annoying 18 lb boy ...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia sleeps with me on and off by my legs. She's been on for a while. Occasionally, she'll decide she wants a new sleeping spot for a while, and then I miss having her there, but a few days/weeks/months later she'll be back.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ruby's another seasonal bed sleeper, meaning more in the winter time when the house is cooler at night. But even then, there's lots of nights she never joins me. When she does, sometimes she lays on top of the covers, but other time snuggles beside me under the covers. I'll admit I'm 50/50 on whether I like it when she sleeps with me, as sometimes I end on the narrow side of the bed. :lol:

1582748397114.png

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was the craziest thing about Puar. He started sleeping next to me the first day I had him. Now that we have a routine, it's awesome. I turn off the lights around midnight and that's his cue to come to bed, even if he'd just been running around the apartment (he usually gets the zooms between 11p and 12a.) He usually stays there most of the night, getting up maybe between 3-4:30 to use the toilet and grab a snack. This is sometimes an issue if he doesn't come back to bed right away! The worst is when he comes back at 5:45 (meaning he's been making noise and getting into trouble for like at least an hour) and my alarm is set to go off at 6 -___-

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. I get them in the habit of sleeping with me, and then I run into a night when I can't sleep and get up to read for a while. Then they won't sleep with me for several days. When they do, Lily sleeps curled up next to my stomach and Mingo sleeps on my feet. I love sleeping with them.