Does Your Cat Have A Nickname?

opriouscatrius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does your cat have a nickname? How did they get their nickname? Is their nickname based on their appearance, something they do, or a food they like? I'm curious! What is your cat's nickname?

Yes, Bruno does have a nickname. Bruno's name is based upon his appearance. Sometimes I call him Candy Cane Tail. He got this name because on the tip of his tail is white with orange stripes ringing around; similar to a candy cane. I call him this year round although it fits him specially on Christmas.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My tuxedo blighty doesn't meow. He has a high pitched squeak especially when the microwave is on or he wants to be petted so I often call him squeaky, of course!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My tuxedo blighty doesn't meow. He has a high pitched squeak especially when the microwave is on or he wants to be petted so I often call him squeaky, of course!
That's funny, our cat Zoe also doesn't really meow, just squeaks--and we call her Squeaky, too.  Then we have Freaky Reeky (real name Rico) because he's hyperactive and just weird; The Wizard of Oz (Ozzy) because he seems wiser and more intuitive than our other cats; and Hannah Banana (Hannah), just because it rhymes.  

I like the Candy Cane Tail--cute!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Seven's tail looks like that too. my cats have soooo many nicknames! mostly silly ones that i just made up.

Seven- Mr. seven, seven sevsky, mister, Mitties, sir-mitts-alot , when seven was little and didnt groom well i called him poopy butt!

STark- starky poo, stark-a-poo, starky, when he was little and didnt groom very well he was- my stinky kitty, and poo-poo head!

Bandit- shes very quiet and reserved so for her i only have bandito, and the bandit

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call them all "booger" occasionally. Joni becomes "dittles" sometimes - this is a garbled babytalk transformation of what started as "little girl" 
 Otherwise, I mostly just add an "S" to their name when I am talking to them in babytalk, "Garfunkels," "Simons," etc. 

I swore I would never use babytalk with any animals (or babies) but when I adopted the boys, there wasn't anything I could do to stop it from happening! They were so tiny and fuzzy and unbelievably cute! It just came out naturally. I've just embraced it now, haha.

I also call them a lot of swear words when they are wreaking havoc on the house or each other 

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sweetie-"Pie Pie" (we thought he was a girl when he showed up, Originally named Sweetie Pie), "Boogers" (he wipes his nose on us), "Mr. Fluff and Stuff" (he looks big, but only weighs 11lbs)

Dutchess-"Princess" (she thinks she is one), "Dutchie" (short), "Butchie" (all have a B nickname easier to run down the list), "Little Girl" (she is the only girl)

Dante-"The Danter Man" (he thinks he owns me and he is my man), , "Little Man" (he was my runt),  "Butters" (he comes running for butter, no unattended butter ever in our house)

Cimba-"Bimbers"- (again, have to have that B name), "Cims" (short), "Big Man" (he is my biggest boy @ 14.5lbs)

The "B" names all came after our first which we call Boogers more the his real name.  Kind of like my dad, he runs through all of the kids names to get to the right one! Its easier to run down a list of "B" names for us.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli's nickname is "Monster" (from the Black Lagoon) because he loves to hide in a dark spot and leap out at you when you least expect it. He's also another "Squeaky".

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat when I still lived in England over 45 years ago was called.....wait for it.....
stewball! Dad called her Henry!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith- Lily, Lily Belle, Little Belle, Baby Lily

Sophie- Sophiesaurus, Saurus, Baby Saurus

No idea where the Saurus thing came from. My DD made it up but it suits her and we call her Saurus more than anything else. She answers to it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They don't all have nicknames, but a few of them have several.

The Mu gets called Mu Chan or Mumie Baby Mu when she's being good, Mrs Ginger Knickers when she's in diva mode.

Mia is Mia The Minx, Minxie Princess or Her Royal Minxtress. She only has diva mode

Susy is called Susy Siren or Susy Mao Mao. She's our loudest girl.

Gin kun is called Gin Bao or Bao Bao. He was quite old when he was neutered and still has his tom cat battle cry, which sounds like Bao Baoooo!

Chicken is Chickety Chick or Tickety Boo.

Sadie is called Slinky Bits as she's so long and thin, no matter how much she eats.

Twinkle is called Sweetie or Sweetheart Kitty. She's such a little love bug and these names really suit her.

Albert is Bert or Bertie.

Sophie is Sophie Bits or Sophalicious.

Toby is called Toby Terror or Mutant Ginger Terror Kitten. It really suits him.

Hiro is Destructor Kitty. Yeah, he really lives up to his name too.

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trinity is Trinity Winnity Binnity Boo 

Twilight is Lil Baby Twi Twi

Amber is Ambie G

Beauty is Boo Boo Girl

Last edited:

cassthecatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, sooty has a nickname. It's soot. It's partly because he's always getting sooty, one way or another. I just called him sooty because it was cute, and it turns out it really does shoot him!

novusordo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes Darwin is his name but I call him Darvins or Prince Daven

And Midnight LaFlare has more lol
Like Midnight, Midnights, Prince Laflare or simply Butt cause when he was a kitty his butt was right behind his head.. Head and butt was all he was lol

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I love this kind of thread. The nick names are too cute!!

Monet: Brat and Troublemaker, for that's what he is. I also call him "Mo-Mo", or "Mew-Nay". My dad calls him "Mon-Net"

Cassie: She doesn't have much of a unique nickname, though I call her "Kee-ass-si" 

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a handful of nicknames for each pet but they're more variations of weird ways their names get said.

Mo: Mo-mar, Mao, Mao-mar, Cat, Stupid, Poopy butt, Me-moo-ma-mo

Kismet: Kitten, Kidden, Sweetness, Korshmort, Keeyus-mitt (or mee-yut), Keeshmut, Kermit, Kerbit, Korbit, Korbishmort, Small Cat, Small One, Kittenbutt

Last edited: