Does your cat go crazy for the menthol in icy hot?????

slaughlin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My 2 1/2 year old female flipps out when we whip out the icy hot, or chest rub. Its 10 times worse than the catnip. She will come around and try to lick it off us. She is absolutly obsessed with it. Was only wondering if I was the only schmuck out there???

Wondering SusannaFONT
]

petnurse2265

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I grew up with a cat who loved Ben-Gay in the same way. Spirit, Trouble, and Sturgis all like the smell of bleach and go nuts over that.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird. Lovey loves bleach as well and will jump onto whatever you are trying to clean.
I really have to discourage him as I have seen him lick the table!

He also LOVES Burts Bees mentholly lip balm and will lick it off my lips!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Jordan LOVES, Vic's Vapo rub. Every time I've used it he goes crazy & tries to lick it off. Jordan also loves bleach & acts like it's cat nip, but I'm trying to get away from cleaners with bleach because he likes it too much.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had one who looooved BenGay and would lick it off my dad! Then he would go over to mom's nylon nightgown and start kneading with this ecstatic look on his face.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dog goes nuts the cats just go what did you do

petnurse2265

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After I clean with bleach I go back through and wipe it with plain water to dilute it. Spirit has been know to bury herself in a clean load of whites because my husband uses to much bleach, then tries to tell my we have mice eating holes in his underwear.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pearl goes crazy over Vick's Vap-O-Rub! I have some stuff called Biofreeze, wonderful stuff, BTW, that she flips out over. She will rub herself all over it, and be so loving to whoever has it on. We call it Pearl bait. It has all natural ingredients, none toxic to cats, so we let her enjoy. We always put clothes over the area we use it on so she can't lick it off, though. Can't be too careful, it might upset her delicate tummy, even though it has no toxic ingredients.