Does your cat come when you call it?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My RB cat would come 99% of time when i called, but would not for anyone else.

Eazy:lol will, he seems to think he is a lap cat,and comes running.anytime Anyone calls
and sometiems when you dont.
heyu: depends on her mood. but since she tends to stay in what ever room i am in, i really dont need to call her. If i am upstaris and she is down, and i yell for her, she will come and look up there and meow at me, like yea what do you want.(she may or may not come up)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes even when it ISN'T dinner time, he actually listens to me! lol. He's such a good boy

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jenny does, Bentley does (but not always, he's a garfield type cat, I'll come when i feel like it). Bentley knows "it's time for bed" and comes running into the bedroom with me. Zoey will come running from across the apartment if I call her and quite often when she sees me will mew to get me to go to her! Ceasar doesn't generally but he follows me everywhere anyways as does zoey. Nuit knows her name but isn't smart enough to come when called, she always looks at me and is like "yeh what"

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No they just stay put and look at me like Ive lost my mind. Jersey actually does come when I call his name but hes one of my fosters and hes to young to know better. LOL

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most of my cats will come running when I call ANY name. =3

But my kitten always comes when I call him. He should, since I raised him from 2 weeks old. ^_^

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither of our kittens come when we call, but we figure it's because they've only had their names (Monte & Katina) for about 24 hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew there were more cats that come when called. I figure animals do what you expect them to do. I expect my cats to come when they are called and it would be weird to have a cat that didn't. Of course, unless he was just that stuck up

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, will. They know their names. If I say their names they will look up at me. If I am downstairs & call out a name repeatedly chances are that kitty will come find me.

lovemykitty 426

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boyfriend named my little girl tweak. But she almost never crimes when called. The only time she does is sometimes and I have to coax her for awhile and call her my sweet lil girl. Idk what to do to get her to come otherwise. I was thinking that maybe she just doesn't like her name but Idc as much as my boyfriend does about it. She's a lot like me she's an independent loner who does things on her time.

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Akassa comes very well when called.
Mallory will only come if she's in the mood.

Soren doesn't know his name yet, but he follows us around the house like a puppy anyway.

luciafernanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she used to be really good at coming when called, when i used to let her play outside. but i've stopped letting her out because i have insane cat-hating neighbours and she's got into too many problems. so now on the occasions i go outside and play with her on sunny afternoons, she won't come when she's called. i have to open a tin of cat food to get her to come. makes me feel bad i don't let her out anymore. i used to think the rooftop was self-contained but it's not and she's so mischievous and curious :/

catfan7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mine mostly have, especially my brown/mackerel tabbies, being very interested in their people. Not if they don't feel like it though, which is fine! Seems like the answer is all over the place...maybe associated with breed, personality, number of animals/peole in the home, the environment??

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our cats will come when I call them....it's how I count heads when I need to make sure that all the cats are around. The only one who can't come is BooBoo, who is deaf. If I call a certain cat, that cat will come; sometimes the others will, too, they think there might (just might) be a treat involved and they don't want to miss out! But as a rule, I call a certain cat and she will come.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 My Siamese usually come when called... if I use the right voice.   They each have a certain way I  say their name,   like imitating their own voice.     Sammy also almost always answers when you talk to him. 

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both our cats come when I call. They know with the upward intonation at the end of their name, I have something for them. For Mo, I trained it to be food. Kismet's not food oriented, so I used playing for her (to get her attention before I tossed something for her). My boyfriend uses a clicking sound to get Mo's attention, but Kismet more or less ignores it.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, as surprising as it was to me, Autumn will come when I call her name.  If she is in a deep sleep and can't hear me, she won't .  It may take her a minute to sashay her way down the long hallway but she does come. 

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No :( We have had the girls 2 months. Walter who will look up if he hears his name... doesn't come.
Only time they come is when they hear me getting their wet food being opened or see us go into the backroom to get food. How long does it take for them to start coming to their names?