Does this look like it's healing?

Lisaerin1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw some posts regarding this topic and I thought I would share my ordeal and photo. Does this look like it's trying to heal? Vinny was just in for his vaccinations and annual exam this past Saturday. Everything checked out well! Two days later while I was at work my daughter was concerned about a sore on his bottom. She wanted him to be seen by a vet. Our regular vet was booked solid so she took him to animal ER. She spent her own money ($500) and they flushed and treated the anal gland. He was given Covenia injection and we were told no other antibiotics were needed. I try to give him the pain med Gabapentin and we get most of it down. I had to remove the cone because he went so ballistic banging into walls and doors jumping around frantically. For the most part he leaves it alone but does sometimes want to try to groom or lick the area. I also sent this photo to our regular vet but it is after hours. Any input is much appreciated!!!!

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OMG, sounds just like my situation a few months back. Except I had to pay for the ER vet myself and I didn't notice until it burst. After care is the same thing I was given. Looks like it is healing, a little redness is expected because it is an open wound so you are seeing things that are redder naturally. A little licking isn't horrible for cat wounds. It does help to take a photo a day so you can compare day to day. If you see fluid leaking or spreading redness outside the borders of the wound, that's when I would worry.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Any input is much appreciated!!!!
Looks like what my boy had the day I rescued him. He had an open wound near his anus. The cause of the open wood on him is not known. Took him to the vet and vet said it's heal by itself (no sutures done) and true enough, after a few weeks, his wound covered up and fur grew back and now it looks normal as though there's nothing there.
Was given saline by the vet and was told to wash and clean the wound several times a day.

But you better double check with your vet for a professional advice.

IMG_1696.JPG