Does This Look Like Gingivitis? 6 Month Kitten

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I have pictures below. I feel like everyday I’m findining something new and he’s always worrying me. First he wasn’t eating when I first adopted him. Now he eats like a horse. Then it was his breathing. Vet said he’s fine but his breathing is a bit harsher than usual and he may or may not develop asthma is the future. He has had diarrhea for 4 days but it’s getting better and it maybe be because of the food. I’m having his poop tested. I’ve been to the vet about twice now. Now I look at his mouth and see redness in the lining of his teeth and immediately though gingevits since his breath smells too. I saw the vet look at his teeth and say “aww still has his baby teeth”. Which is true I found his baby tooth 3 days ago. But I don’t remember him having the red lining and I’m not sure if it was there when the vet looked at him. Is it possible this goes away and may be because he teething? I seen him bite wool a lot. He seems normal plays all day and eats without any problem. I want to take him to the vet but I’ve taken him literally 3 times this week. Feel like I’m losing my mind

Attachments

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat had gingivitis around that age too. It probably will not go away until he gets a dental cleaning. And after that you have to maintain a teeth brushing schedule. I did get my cat a dental before he was 1. His bad breath went away after the cleaning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat had gingivitis around that age too. It probably will not go away until he gets a dental cleaning. And after that you have to maintain a teeth brushing schedule. I did get my cat a dental before he was 1. His bad breath went away after the cleaning.
Called vet and said he saw it and it’s because he is teething which can cause red line swelling and bad breath.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just keep an eye on his teeth anyways. Mine still needed a dental so I went for it at 11 months.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat had gingivitis at 5 months old but her gums were swollen around the gumline where the redness is. Your cat doesn't appear to have the swelling so if I had to guess I would say the colour along the gumline and the bad breath is because of teething. You could buy some pet toothpaste and put some on the end of a cotton bud and gentle rub it onto the gumline.

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just keep an eye on his teeth anyways. Mine still needed a dental so I went for it at 11 months.
Yes definitely. I will bring him on Monday. He’s had to much stress going to the vet 3 days in a row. I have work all day but if it seems worse when I get home today from work il rush him to the 24 hour vet near me. For now il order some cat toothpaste on amazon or the water additive that cleans teeth that is made for cats

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahh ok no water additive. Hopefully it’s just teething