Does this cat have any Maine Coon in him?

ct970

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mom has a shelter cat about 7 years old, rescued him at 4 years old. He is obviously an orange tabby cat, but several people have mentioned that he might have some Maine coon in him, possibly a mix? Does anyone else think the same thing, or does he look more like a standard domestic medium/long hair? Just out of curiosity, I figure I can rely any thoughts/opinions that you guys have into her! TIA
00E05145-366B-4445-B406-402570BD0ADF.jpeg
BEED9047-8D15-4B02-9C51-4913341369F1.jpeg
BC1E3D04-A430-4BF3-B194-EEB1CDEBD1F1.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness, what a seriously handsome fellow!!

Actually, he reminds me of a turkish angora in the middle photo, with that proud way of sitting tall :cloud9::heartshape:🤩 Most cats aren't a particular breed or a mix of breeds. I'm not an expert in this but nonetheless, I'm glad he has you 'n your mom :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ct970

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, what a seriously handsome fellow!!

Actually, he reminds me of a turkish angora in the middle photo, with that proud way of sitting tall :cloud9::heartshape:🤩 Most cats aren't a particular breed or a mix of breeds. I'm not an expert in this but nonetheless, I'm glad he has you 'n your mom :)
He is a handsome boy, thank you!! Thanks for your input, I'm open to hearing all sorts of things, I figured he probably is just standard domestic kitty like majority of cats but was curious since she had a couple comments from other people. He is very lucky to have her for sure, they love each other endlessly. I actually don't get to see him often as I live in another state and he rides around in their truck, they are truck drivers, but I make sure to love on him as often as I can! Thank you again! 💕

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a good looking cat! It's great that he gets to hang out with them in their truck and look out the window at the passing landscape, it sounds like an entertaining life for him.

I would describe your mom's cat as a red mackerel tabby and white domestic longhair. I'm not seeing a strong resemblance to either Maine Coon or Turkish Angora in these pictures. With longhaired cats especially, people do often wonder what breed they are. Unlike dogs, most cats simply aren't any breed, and also aren't "mixes" of breeds. That doesn't make them any less handsome or special, though! Domestic longhairs are great cats :)