Does temperature affect Cat's behavior?

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
More specific with this question that I will be because those of you who know Prince and Nikita are well aware that Nikita is the skittish yet clingy and social one where Prince at the hyperactive always on go one.

Nikita has always had this playfulness about her, but tonight she seems to be completely on go like more hyper active playful than Prince to the point she is chasing him around the apartment and running everywhere. Most of the summer time and heat here in Texas my thermostat has been set at 80 entity that has been very calm and very relaxed while Prince has always been as hyperactive as he always is. Tonight it's the first time this year that it has gotten really cold outside bringing my thermostat well below 70. It's a comfortable temperature for me. But Nikita has been so hyperactive and ornery where is Prince while still playful also seems to be more subdued than he normally is and therefore Nikita is the one trying to entice him into play

I am almost wondering if it is becoming a matter of Nikita being more comfortable with cooler temperatures and therefore more energetic and playful in cooler temperatures then warmer ones. Although it is amusing that for the first time Prince is the one that is annoyed. Usually he's the one annoying Nikita. Where she is the one usually under the end table looking out as Prince play throughout the apartment in wonders about the roles are reversed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of them have a lot of energy tonight actually, I'm playing with them as I normally would and usually one will be waiting off to the side while the other is going after the toy the both of them are one hundred percent into play time