Does My Kitten Have Ghost Markings?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

I also adopted a kitten 3 months old. They were given her away and the advertisement said she is russian blue.
However, I am not so sure. She is a doll !! But probably a mix RB. Could you tell me what you think?
I read that the eye colour changes after 4 months and the ghost markings dissapewa as they grow old.
Your baby is so gorgeous! Correct me if I'm wrong but without any papers, she's a domestic short hair or you could say Maltese cat which is a term used to define any cat whose fur is either completely, or primarily, gray or blue and is of indeterminate breed.

My cat is now 18 months old and she still has dark rings around her tail so the ghost markings never faded I guess. When I first for Jiggy, her eyes were like like brown/gold and now they are pure bright and gold.

Her breed is "Australian Blue" :lol:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Penny--li Penny--li your kitten is blue-cream in color (also known as dilute tortoiseshell), not solid blue. As she matures, you will probably begin to see her cream markings more clearly. I would describe her as a blue-cream domestic shorthair. I'm not seeing Russian Blue characteristics in your kitten.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and unlike "mixed-breed" dogs, most cats are not mixes of breeds, either; they are simply domestic cats. The dilute (blue) gene is widespread through the domestic cat gene pool and doesn't indicate any specific breed ancestry.

Penny--li

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your baby is so gorgeous! Correct me if I'm wrong but without any papers, she's a domestic short hair or you could say Maltese cat which is a term used to define any cat whose fur is either completely, or primarily, gray or blue and is of indeterminate breed.

My cat is now 18 months old and she still has dark rings around her tail so the ghost markings never faded I guess. When I first for Jiggy, her eyes were like like brown/gold and now they are pure bright and gold.

Her breed is "Australian Blue" :lol:
Yes, they just gave away the kitten referring to her as Russian blue and I didn't get any papers. But I thought she might have some ancestry due to the absence of hair loss and the thick and soft coat.
Either way, she is sooo cute!! Thank you!!! Yours is gorgeous too!! :-)

Penny--li

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Penny--li Penny--li your kitten is blue-cream in color (also known as dilute tortoiseshell), not solid blue. As she matures, you will probably begin to see her cream markings more clearly. I would describe her as a blue-cream domestic shorthair. I'm not seeing Russian Blue characteristics in your kitten.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and unlike "mixed-breed" dogs, most cats are not mixes of breeds, either; they are simply domestic cats. The dilute (blue) gene is widespread through the domestic cat gene pool and doesn't indicate any specific breed ancestry.
I had never heard the term "blue-cream" before. Wow! Now I am curious to see how she will look like when she grows older. Thanks for all this important information! :-)

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, they just gave away the kitten referring to her as Russian blue and I didn't get any papers. But I thought she might have some ancestry due to the absence of hair loss and the thick and soft coat.
Either way, she is sooo cute!! Thank you!!! Yours is gorgeous too!! :-)
She still has her kitten coat! My babies didn't start shedding until they were a few months older than yours.

Greywind Stormbringer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have absolutely no idea about her parents at all.

Here are so other pictures, not sure if it'll help but once is with natural light and one is with flash.
Your kitten looked similar to my own furbaby...this is GreyWind StormBringer or "Stormy" for short...I believe he is a Russian Blue mix and like your kitten has the ghosted Tabby stripes like a tiger...I hope they remain but he only about 7 weeks so hard to tell

245849147_10165609466315635_1930648585921302504_n.jpg
245466151_10165609466660635_6896117291453837960_n.jpg
246476938_10165614137365635_504779764515182683_n.jpg
246479928_10165617268545635_4957877071705382121_n.jpg