Does my cat look pregnant?

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I purchased my cat when she was 10 months old. I’ve had her for about two weeks now and I’m starting to notice her nipples are pinking up and sticking out. Wondering if this is a sign of pregnancy? As soon as I pick her up I can feel her nipples on my hand when I’m holding her under her belly. This is some thing I did not notice when I first got her two weeks ago.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be pregnant. If so, only about 21 days, as that is when nipples pink up. Do you know if the place where you bought her allowed the cats to mingle with intact males?

If you do not want kittens (if she is indeed pregnant) you can have her spayed now without any bad effects.

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought her from a cat breeder. I asked him if she was in heat and he said about a week ago and I hope my male didn’t get to her.

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She may be pregnant. If so, only about 21 days, as that is when nipples pink up. Do you know if the place where you bought her allowed the cats to mingle with intact males?

If you do not want kittens (if she is indeed pregnant) you can have her spayed now without any bad effects.

Keep us posted!
So I bought her exactly on Valentine’s Day February 14 so he said she was in here the week before that which means that she can’t be more than like 18 days if she is

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Keep us posted!
I just feel like I would’ve noticed her nipples before if they were this size naturally, but I held her a lot and now as soon as I pick her up the first thing I feel in my hand is her nipples.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you have an intact male then she is likely pregnant. Cats do not have to be in heat to conceive as they are induced ovulators when mated, but Is it possible the breeder allowed her to mate?

You can let it go or spay her soon, and you should get your male cat neutered.

A vet can do an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If anyone can tell me if my cat looks pregnant that would be greatly appreciate it and also how far along does she look thanks a lot

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A vet can perform an x-ray and give you an estimated gestational age of the kittens.

B Bengalpaw

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its difficult to see from pics. do you know when she mated? When her teats got pinked up? Do you feel the kittens move?

Momma seems to be a fairly purebred bengal. So I suppose the mating was planed??

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its difficult to see from pics. do you know when she mated? When her teats got pinked up? Do you feel the kittens move?

Momma seems to be a fairly purebred bengal. So I suppose the mating was planed??
yea she is purebred. I can feel the kittens move. I’m just unsure of when she actually get pregnant

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are two ways to guess at the mating date:
  • You picked her up on February 14 and the previous owner said she was in heat the week before, so one guess would be Feb 7.
  • You noticed that she was pinking up around February 25. Cats usually pink up around day 21, so another guess would be Feb 4.
So, I think the best guess at this point is that she is about five weeks pregnant and would be due to have kittens somewhere between April 8-15. Be prepared for kittens a bit earlier than that, in case she is a little farther along.

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s definitely more than five weeks. I can feel the kittens moving

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yea she is purebred. I can feel the kittens move. I’m just unsure of when she actually get pregnant
You can feel them move 2-3 weeks before. Depends a little on how used to palpitate you are. Still, Luteces count is very reasonable. So now you have something to count on... :) After all, The Waiting Game is our favorite pastime. Not. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you neutered your male cat yet?

Also, have a vet examine your pregnant cat. That will give you more information.

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you neutered your male cat yet?

Also, have a vet examine your pregnant cat. That will give you more information.
Of course not/ I’m a registered breeder

Bengalpaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! So I noticed yesterday and today my cat had some yellowish/clear mucus discharge. Just wondering how long til labor starts? Her belly is frequently tensing and she’s showing a lot of signs she is near ! It’s her first litter ! Thanks 😊

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The frequent tensing is probably contractions. She’s on her way!