Does my cat look like she could be pregnant ?

Kelsey1194

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everybody, I had been told to make sure my cats get fixed at 6 months because that's when they go into heat. Turns out they go into heat earlier.. I caught my cats in the act a few weeks ago. I'm curious if this looks like my cat could be pregnant?
Shes very attached to me lately and barely leaves my side
Thank you so much

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably. A cat that young has almost invisible nipples unless she's pregnant, and since you saw them mating it seems likely.

Are your cats siblings? If so, it may be best to consider a spay/abort. Call your vet to ask about the risks and options. If you want her to have the kittens, have the male neutered now so that he's infertile by the time the kittens are born; it can take a few weeks for the sperm to clear out completely.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 months is very old fashioned advice, kittens should be neutered at 1kg/2lbs.

cats ‘pink up’ around 21 days, she is still early enough to be booked in for spaying.

males remain fertile for up to 10 weeks after neutering, not just ‘a few weeks’ and girls can get pregnant within days of birthing so cats must be kept apart.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s best to get her spayed now. She is too young to have kittens and there can be genetic defects if siblings mate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kelsey1194

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Probably. A cat that young has almost invisible nipples unless she's pregnant, and since you saw them mating it seems likely.

Are your cats siblings? If so, it may be best to consider a spay/abort. Call your vet to ask about the risks and options. If you want her to have the kittens, have the male neutered now so that he's infertile by the time the kittens are born; it can take a few weeks for the sperm to clear out completely.
Thank you for your reply, they aren't siblings