Does my cat have a UTI?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something weird happened when I got home. I saw Kitty running and she pooped outside her box. That isn't the weird part. She sometimes poos outside her box, ever since she was a kitten. Doesn't happen all the time. Afterwards she was hiding for awhile. I thought maybe she was nervous since its been thundering all dayz. Sometimes when something scares her she will hide.

But I saw her go in and pee. And then a few minutes later I I noticed her go into her box and pee a liltte bit, and then she went in and did nothing.

I dont know if shes nervously going into her box because she knows she pooped outside of it? Or is it for sure a uti? She had a urine test 8/23/22 and the only thing she was diagnosed with was early kidney issues.

Im not sure what to do. I have been watching her and she hasnt gone near her box again. Shes now relaxing on a chair. I dont want to stress her out and run her to the vet for no reason. Should I be cautious and take her in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt it, actually.
lol I mention that because when she poops in the wrong place she likes to keep going back and "cleaning" the poop she left behind. Meaning she swipes the area near the poop. I cleaned up the poop and didnt let her do her ritual. lol

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh. Cats.

However, if she continues with the unusual pee behavior you'll want to talk to the vet, I think.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. Cats.

However, if she continues with the unusual pee behavior you'll want to talk to the vet, I think.
I am going to try to take her in the morning. I am worried since she has early kidney issues. I dont want anything putting stress on her kidneys. Shes sleeping now but she kept licking her tummy so that worries me.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm at my vet now. Since i didn't have an appointment they had me drop her off so they could take care of her through the day. I'm outside like a crazy person just in case. I feel like i can trust my vets office. But it makes me nervous leaving her. And i question whether i should insist i stay with her, but then i worry i will just get in their way.

Felt awkward when i got here because they were telling someone on the phone they couldn't see them because they're booked. But they made an exception for me. I was worried i would have to go somewhere else. 😕

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: Kitty is fine. No uti thankfully. He said he didn't feel anything wrong when he physically checked her or from the urine results. He isn't sure what caused it but said to come back if it keeps happening. She has moderate tartar and said he saw age spots in her eyes. No idea what that means.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty seems ok since the visit. Still wants to play etc. But yesterday she ate a little less than normal (she gets 4 meals and only ate 3) and today she did the same. I should say that i added a bit of tuna and she finished the portion she left. But normally she eats everything i give her. Unless she has a hair ball and she'll skip eating for a day. Doesn't happen often. Not sure if i should be worried. I'll be giving her some hairball remedy just in case.