Does cats benefit from a humidifier?

Kodaoo7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since it’s getting colder outside I would wake up with a dry throat and was planning on buying a humidifier but don’t know if it would benefit my cat or would she be annoying at the ultrasonic humidifier?

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure about that specific type, but I have a cool mist humidifier that my cat and I appreciate (the added humidity minimizes her dry skin/flakes).

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it’s getting colder outside I would wake up with a dry throat and was planning on buying a humidifier but don’t know if it would benefit my cat or would she be annoying at the ultrasonic humidifier?
Mine makes no noise. I use it when my cat gets a cold and it helps my sleep apnea though I cannot stand it long breathing in warm air. What is cool mist?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is cool mist?
The moist air that comes out of the machine is cool, not warm / hot :)

Sure. Many living things can benefit from a humidifier in the winter. People, pets, plants. Instead of ultrasonic, just use a regular cool mist humidifier. I would think the ultrasonic waves may be bothersome to a cat with their super sensitive hearing.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about health issues, but I'm certain my cats appreciate not sparking when petted or on the bed.

I have a built-in one on the furnace, but that doesn't quite cut it in the depths of winter. I also have a small dry mist humidifer that I keep in a central room downstairs. Between the two, they do a good job.