Does cat incision look infected

LunaLover21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
CA856CAE-E6BF-4BDB-BF02-14F75E50EE18.jpeg

I took my cat to get spayed on monday, and took her back home in the afternoon. They had told me not to take her out of her cage but I rushed to the restroom and my little brother opened the cage and my cat was panicked andmoved erratically with her nails on the carpet and was hitting her body towards the wall and furniture in the process until she stopped and went under the sofa. She seems to be fine now but im worried about her incision and wondering if it looks infected and should take her to the vet. Thank you.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think so, although I don't know what the blue line is. Is it a tattoo to show she's spayed?

I'd be more worried about her opening the incision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LunaLover21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah its a blue tattoo to show that she got spayed.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still doesn't look too bad. Perhaps you could send the pic to your vet to get their opinion?

Looks like a bit of clear discharge. That's pretty much normal. If it gets bloody, green or yellow, or starts to have an odor, then it's time to take her back to the vet.

Feel the incision area if she'll let you. If it feels especially hot and looks angry (which hers apparently isn't), those are reasons to contact the vet.

Is she leaving it alone? Do you have a cone or onesie for her? I've never had to use one with any of my cats, but some just won't leave their incisions alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LunaLover21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
8779CFFE-2520-4AED-ACBC-26BF3866CC42.jpeg

I called the hospital where I got her spayed and I described her incision and said she should be fine. She licks it from time to time but I distract her and she usually stops, she mostly sleeps. The hospital where she got spayed told us that a cone wasn’t necessary for our cat.