Does anyone use Tidy Cat Crystals or is interesteed in trying it?

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a whole bunch of $1 and $2 off coupons for it, but I switched litters. I'd hate for them to go to waste, so I will send 3 or so coupons to the first 2 people who post and are comfortable giving me a mailing address (in a PM or email of course, don't post your address here)

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much is it?
I want to try it but it says one bag for one cat and I really don't have the money for four bags of litter.
If you could give me a rough amount then if it isn't to expensive, I'd like to try it.
:confused3 Also why did you switch from them to another brand?
aren't they good?:confused3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi jugen! I actually used 2 bags per month for my cat., but he is a big cat and has a really big liter box. I paid $9.99 per box at Kmart here, but found it over at Walmart for..$7.99 I think it was. But I always had coupons as there used to be a $1 coupon in every box and you sent out a questionnaire and they'd send you a $2 coupon. I thought it was an introductory offer, but after 6 months of using it, I was still getting coupons!

I thought the crystals were very good but I heard about Feline Pine, and found huge 30 gallon buckets of it for $10 at Petsmart so I switched to it. We also bought it because we recently got a Tonkinese kitten and Feline Pine was what the breeder was using.

I also should let everyone know that I've already gotten one email so I only need one more person who wants the coupons.

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you like Feline Pine?
I've been using a generic type (Harmony) pellet litter, and although I like the "mess free, dust free" pellets, they don't do anything for odor.

My girls aren't fussy about me switching litter, so I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks,

Cleo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cleo, I like the Feline Pine, and it does keep the ammonia smell from the urine away, but the poo smell is still there. I guess it's just motivation for me to scoop it instead of slacking off
I also have an industrial-type fan going in there this summer, so I'll let you know how it smells when the weather cools down

It tracks a lot less than any other litter I've tried (my bed seems sort of lonely without cat litter in it...). It claims to be dust free, but when it starts getting really sawdust-y I notice dust floating around when I scoop it. And Sateycat always comes out of the box with a little sawdust on him. But that is usually near the time that I need to dump the whole box.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine tried the Crystals. She loved them, but one of her cats apparently didn't, as she began eliminating outside the box. She switched back to conventional litter, and the problem went away.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'll be moving this to the care forum...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Illusion,
I think I'll stick with my original litter.
I was adding up the $7.99 and the total I came up with for three litter boxes was unreal
, so I am going to back out on this one.:chicken:
Thanks for answering all my questionsI appreciate it!