does anyone use chewy website ?

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it varies widely. The ones I purchase, the Orijen Freeze Dried treats, are the same price on either site. Only difference is I don't have to spend $50 on Amazon to get the free shipping thanks to Prime.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do a monthly pet food order from Chewy’s. I started during the pandemic and just kept ordering. They seem reliable and most of the time less expensive than Amazon. There are times the local stores still don’t have what I am looking for so ordering makes sense.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like Chewy, I just wish they accepted the Petsmart Treat Trail coupons, that's the only reason I keep going back to the in-person store to buy my pet food.

Still, Chewy often has good prices and they have a really great customer service policy.

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chewy is fantastic! My orders almost always arrive the next day with standard shipping. More than once they have given me a complete refund when my cat simply didn’t like the food. I also trust their product more than Amazon. I’ve heard of a lot of counterfeits on Amazon. Great company.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy is my go to I have several subscriptions (because I can’t think of what they call them at the moment)
I have an Amazon app on my computer that will show the same item usually the same price. Also look daily deals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
i was using my amazon prime for all my cat things like litter, dry food, wet food , flea drops and treats but im switching over to chewy for all their needs and for my cat toy box orders as well ... see, what i do is make the cat toys by hand and include a package of cat treats to the box as my way of saying thanks for ordering from me

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks like I’m the only one but I had a HORRIBLE experience with Chewy and will probably never use them again. My sweet kitty was dying and the only thing she would eat was Tiki Stix. I ordered like $40 worth (they’re not cheap). They didn’t arrive until NINE DAYS LATER and I live in a very populated part of the country. In the meantime we went to the pet store and bought them so she’d have them. It gets worse. When they arrived, they were not even in a Chewy box, and the inside of the box was covered in black grease. I threw it all in the trash. I felt that was incredibly poor quality control. Plus I was extra upset because my girl was so sick. Maybe they would have made it right, I don’t know. I didn’t call because I was dealing with my sweet girl, and after it was all over I kind of felt like why bother. So now I just get my supplies at PetSmart. Yes it costs more but at least I’m not paying just to throw things away. Chewy might be great for some people, but they left a very very bad impression on me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
B BeccaCat aww im sorry to hear this ... its hard to lose someone so close to you and it takes a while to heal from that

Potter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no , because as previously stated, amozon doesnt need me to spend $50 till get free shipping

MeezeIfYouPlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We don't use Amazon, at all. All of pet supplies with the exception of cat litter come from Chewy. We have a monthly auto-ship set up for the dogs food. I order the cats food and toys as needed and place an order for my four parakeets supplies at the beginning of every month. We rarely have to pay shipping because I combine orders whenever possible and shipping is free on the auto-ship. What makes Chewy superior IMO is their excellent customer service. I never have to sweat running out of cat food because it is at our door the day after ordering, even in our rural area. We lost both of our german shepherds in 2022, one at 12 years old in January and his older brother at 13 1/2 in October. Chewy's care and concern and beautiful sympathy cards and flower arrangements went a long way towards easing our heartache.
By the way, Chewy recently launched their wish list feature. With this feature I can donate food and supplies that are sent directly to my favorite shelter and no charge for the shipping.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't use Amazon, at all. All of pet supplies with the exception of cat litter come from Chewy. We have a monthly auto-ship set up for the dogs food. I order the cats food and toys as needed and place an order for my four parakeets supplies at the beginning of every month. We rarely have to pay shipping because I combine orders whenever possible and shipping is free on the auto-ship. What makes Chewy superior IMO is their excellent customer service. I never have to sweat running out of cat food because it is at our door the day after ordering, even in our rural area. We lost both of our german shepherds in 2022, one at 12 years old in January and his older brother at 13 1/2 in October. Chewy's care and concern and beautiful sympathy cards and flower arrangements went a long way towards easing our heartache.
By the way, Chewy recently launched their wish list feature. With this feature I can donate food and supplies that are sent directly to my favorite shelter and no charge for the shipping.
Exactly! They at least get food on time, whereas, Amazon has left me waiting.
I also love the fact that Chewy usually tells you to donate to your local animal shelter rather than sending an item back. I wanted to send a very expensive cat cage back and they told me to donate it.
They have also sent truckloads to shelters going through disasters.

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So after hearing all of your glowing reviews about Chewy, I decided to contact them. I didn’t ask for a refund, I just explained what had happened and asked them to stop sending me emails for Freya since she has passed away. They were polite, and they said they looked into the order and the box was damaged in transit, and FedEx repackaged it. (They repackaged it incredibly poorly. Though at the time I thought it was odd that it wasn’t a normal Chewy box). Anyhow they encouraged me that if anything like that happens in the future to please let them know so they can make it right.

I guess I’ll give them a second chance for my other kitties.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Speaking as a pet parent with 2 IBD kitties and have done so many good trials? They've always refunded me when it doesn't work out. And I've gone through a lot of expensive cat foods trying to find something that works. I like that they tell me to just donate it to a shelter or rescue.💗

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Chewy primarily for Cat litter. I use the brand Dr. Elsey's in the 40# bag. I occasionally purchase Blue Buffalo Wilderness when I can't find it at Wal-Mart.