Does anyone train their cat to do tricks?

Keeb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heres a great page on it. I'm teaching mine to be carrier + walk trained, to be put into the carrier; then out for a walk, then back into the carrier to go inside. So there is no more carrying the cat while I cross the street and it's much safer if something bad happens, like if there's a dog running in the park.
Not using a clicker, just pawsitive reinforcment.
I will look into this, wondering what is the best age.

Attachments

Aliya45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two 13 week old kitties are the most food motivated beings i've ever come across in my life! I thought I might as well harness some of their energy.
They both come running to either of their names :lol: , no differentiation there. And they're keen to learn how to extricate more treats from me. We're trying to learn the 'paw' command and they're sort of starting to get it but it's a race against time because after half a second they just try to eat my fingers and climbing all over me to get to the bag of treats :lol::lol:. We're having fun but probably not making good progress.
I'm teaching my kitten to sit and she's got it! Now I wanna see if she gets the Paw command. She's very food oriented so it should work.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to teach some of my cats tricks, it's a great source of mental enrichment. However, since all of my cats have some type of special needs, it's extremely difficult to do so.
Mine are very good at teaching me tricks.
I 100% agree lol