Does anyone know why Bengal's aren't accepted by CFA?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I don't know how anyone could not love a Bengal. They are just about the most beautiful cats I've ever seen. There's a lot more to their beauty than just the spots. I haven't seen a Bengal that didn't have the most beautiful and unique eyes. I think that comes from Asian Leopard Cat. To me, their fur feels like a mink coat or someting, and the beautiful way they sparkle or glitter in the sunlight. Sometimes I just look at Simba and his beauty takes my breath away. It's too bad that CFA is so strict on this, but they have to do what they feel is right. I personally love Bengal's, and I'm sure Mau's are beautiful, too, but it's all a matter of taste. Me, I prefer the look of a Bengal.
I agree whole-heartedly. They are incredible animals and the very reason I wanted to get into breeding. When people see them they stop in their tracks and cary a startled expression. When people get to touch and play with them they fall in love. Meeka struts around the room which I find sooo amusing. The glitter is actually from an outcross I believe (gives the ultra-soft mink feel and shiny) so many early generations don't exhibit this characteristic. I'm lucky my girl does. Her mother dosen't have it but her father did.

bullit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know how anyone could not love a Bengal
My feelings exactly. Bullit is one the best cats I have owned. Your are right about their coat. It is so soft and plush and the coloring is so beautiful. They are just so full of personality. I know what each cry that Bullit has and what they mean. He has picked up a lot of words that I say and knows what they mean too. I almost forget he is a cat because he acts more like a dog. I think they are a wonderful breed and I am glad that there are dedicated breeders to continue to breed and improve this wonderful breed.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bullit

My feelings exactly. Bullit is one the best cats I have owned. Your are right about their coat. It is so soft and plush and the coloring is so beautiful. They are just so full of personality. I know what each cry that Bullit has and what they mean. He has picked up a lot of words that I say and knows what they mean too. I almost forget he is a cat because he acts more like a dog. I think they are a wonderful breed and I am glad that there are dedicated breeders to continue to breed and improve this wonderful breed.
Your Bullit has an incredible face! I love that strong muzzle. I know what you mean with vocalizations! I've never heard such sounds from a cat before... My girl looks funny when she meows and I finally realized its because she raises her lips like a human so it looks sooo expressive. She also chats with me in a variety of intonations and not-quite meows.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah the CFA seems to really like the pampered companion look. TICA seems to like the wilder look. I thought this was a good comparison put to me by a Maine Coon breeder. Since MC's are allowed in both they can display each of these looks therefore when an MC does well with one organization it may not do so well with the other.

bullit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your Bullit has an incredible face
Thanks
His breeder was going to keep him,even when I went to pick him up her hubby questioned her. He said ''I thought you would going to keep him''
She said that if I wanted to show him,he most likely would do very well.
I know what you mean about the face. I love it when he wrinkles up his face,it looks like he just smelled something very bad

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know all about the vocalizations... Zoey is a bengal cross ( I swear crossed with monkeylmao) and she literally has conversations

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I'm noticing a massive amount of missing posts right now... Is that what you were referring to Kai? I don't think my browser was refreshing so I didn't know what you were talking about. I'm guessing the moderators didn't find the name very pleasing either. Thats what I love about this board! Family friendly.

My girl just did the smartest thing tonight. I posted it in the Behavior forum. She's the cutest! I also started clicker training yesterday and its going well so far! Well I can't exactly expect much in 2 days so I think its going well

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still don't know whether or not I agree with bengals being bred and shown, but I do agree they are beautiful. I still do sketch out a bit though when handling one at a cat show.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My apologies for the hatchett job, but under the circumstances it was necessary to perform.

And I agree that the Bengal is one of the most exotic looking breeds and they seem fun to own and challenging as well.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've handled anything from F1's and on (own an F3). The F1 was the most loving cat craving attention! She would just want to be held and would suck on your neck if you let her. Very exotic:

I find with my girl she is no more unpredictable than any cat (ie. would need to be conditioned to being in public) but when company is over she never runs! She's all over the guests. If she's intimidated (hehe my dads power drill) she also won't run from it but will stand her ground and hiss. She's never acted out at me. I've had to give her ear drops twice a day for a couple weeks now for an infection and she wimpers a little but barely struggles.

Edit: The F1 pictures is Lakewood MooMoo.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what - SB, I've had MANY more bad experiences with Siamese, Persians, Birmans, Burmese and Turkish Vans then with a Bengal - I've never had a problem with a Bengal. Don't know why I'm a bit scared.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

My apologies for the hatchett job, but under the circumstances it was necessary to perform.

And I agree that the Bengal is one of the most exotic looking breeds and they seem fun to own and challenging as well.
Nice work M.A.
I used the word "axe", but I guess it wasn't politically correct.

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting the picture of the F1 Bengal. I have never seen a picture of an early generation Bengal.

What a cool looking cat!

My Jesse James is a high percentage F2 Chausie. I love the early generation cats. They are so different looking.

I once visited a local breeder who had F3 Savannahs for sale. I had the pleasure of meeting a F1 Savannah there. She was a cross with a Serval and Egyptian Mau. What a BIG cat! I also got to see a baby serval at the same breeders house. And that was also the first time I met a Bengal and fell in love with that breed too. One of her Bengal studs was the biggest love bug I have ever seen. He attached himself to my chin.

I live in the wrong state. Too bad they are all illegal now
Thus the outlaw name for my Chausie.

Bobbie

CosmicBengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good news! Bengals are now accepted in CFA. They were accepted into championship May 1, 2018. They are now in their 2nd year of championship. We had a GREAT first year with many Grands.