Does anyone know what this is?

TigersMom1228

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! First time kitten owner here. I adopted Tiger a few weeks ago. He's 7 months old, has had all his shots and his currently recovering from a respiratory infection (we took him to the vet a couple of weeks ago and have been giving him all the meds the vet prescribed and recently the vet told us Tiger is recovering well!). However just as we were getting over that hurdle, I noticed something strange on the left side of Tiger's mouth. I tried researching and I THINK it's mild acne that may clear up. It may have been caused by the vaccine he received last Sunday but I dont know. Has anyone experienced this before? Any thoughts or opinions on what I should do? He's behaving completely normally- playing and eating a lot, still has tons of energy. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. A rash from vaccines, although not common, is possible. Have you asked your vet about this? I would call them and tell them - maybe even send a pic to them - and see if they would recommend some sort of treatment to help resolve the rash. It also needs to be on your cat's record because of future boosters. And, it would also be helpful to know if the vet thinks it could have been as easily from the antibiotics - I would gather he received meds for the respiratory infection? I think you should err on the side of caution and notify the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TigersMom1228

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. A rash from vaccines, although not common, is possible. Have you asked your vet about this? I would call them and tell them - maybe even send a pic to them - and see if they would recommend some sort of treatment to help resolve the rash. It also needs to be on your cat's record because of future boosters. And, it would also be helpful to know if the vet thinks it could have been as easily from the antibiotics - I would gather he received meds for the respiratory infection? I think you should err on the side of caution and notify the vet.
Thanks for your response! Yeah he is on 2 liquid meds and eye drops for the respiratory infection and when we visited the vet on Sunday the vet gave him one vaccine he was missing (FRCP). I'm going to reach out to the vet tomorrow and ask for their email address so I can send them pics .