Does Anyone Have Any Experience With Animal Communicators?

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm tempted to contact one. Partly out of curiosity and partly because as a shelter volunteer, I have some unresolved feelings towards some of the cats. We hardly ever euthanize so it's not that, but I harbor some guilt at not being able to adopt my favorite cats (I still live at home and my mom is allergic. Should be moving out within the next year). I think about them a lot, wondering if they are happy.

Anyway if you've ever contacted an animal communicator, how did it go? I'm quite spiritual myself but also a realist, I wonder if many "animal communicators" are just really good at cold reading people. Sure if I send you picture of a rough looking kitty that's scowling, it's easy to make up a story about how they had a rough life until they met me or something. But I'm open to being proven wrong. From what I've heard often times animal communicators (or at least the better ones) provide tidbits that they couldn't have known any other way.

Also, does price correlate to their quality or anything? The ones like Pea Horsley or Brent Atwater with multiple books charge upwards of $300 a session, while some of the lesser-known ones charge only 10-20% of that.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that people who really do have insight into the dead and stuff are (unknowingly) cooperating with the demonic. Demons will disguise themselves as good things, and these people think that they are helping the world with their "powers" but in reality they are opening up their souls to demonic powers.

That is precisely the reason why my religion forbids us to go to fortune tellers, psychics, ouija boards, horoscopes, etc.

A lot of people want to believe in good spirits, God, etc, but not many want to believe in a personified evil.

And then there are those who are just fakers. So either way, it is a bad thing IMO.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had experience with animal communicators. I don't really know how I feel about it, to be quite honest. I've contacted two of them, the first was by phone and I really got the impression she was fishing a lot of the time. The other was by email and some of the stuff seemed pretty dead on for my cats. Second one was not very expensive. If you want more information, PM me and I'll give you more specifics.

I don't think any of them will contact cats that are not yours, though, like either at the shelter or adopted by someone else. For me - I don't feel bad about the ones I didn't adopt, I feel bad about the long-timers who are still there.

Also, for the record, I don't believe that demonic stuff - one of the reasons I don't subscribe to organized religion. I prefer to think for myself. I am a spiritual person, and I do believe it's possible to contact those not living. I also believe there are a lot of fakers out there trying to part people from their money. It's just hard for us to tell the difference sometimes.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
If you say you're a spiritual person, what "spirit" do you believe in? If you believe some of these animal communicators are real you have to ask yourself, where are they getting their information?

The greatest achievement of Satan is to make people not believe in him. That is the best thing he can do to bring evil into the world, and he certainly has done a good job of it.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend contacted a communicator who lived in Conroe, TX. She told him things she couldn't have known, like that he had a round table where his late mother liked to sit. She described incidents in his life and that of his cats that only he knew. The things she told him were spot-on. I have no idea what she charged or if she's still there.

Here's what I find. There are two possibilities. I don't know which one he used, but I THINK it was Sonya Fitzpatrick. i have no idea what the cost is. Here are the two URLS:

Pet Psychic Lisa Greene (Lisa Greene)

http://sonyafitzpatrick.com

As with anything of this nature, caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. I'm sure there are many charlatans out there. Maybe all of them. I just don't know.

You might get some books on how to read cat body language and sounds. That might be of much greater help since it would apply to all of them.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally don't believe in any of the stuff mentioned. But if you do, that's your choice.
But even if I did believe in it, I really don't think there is any way to tell something with just a picture. Pictures only capture a moment, not the essence.

I also have the anxieties that you have, about my other foster. So, I check the lost pets for my area, check the website for the shelter and other places. Since she's microchipped, the shelter would be notified. Everyone there knows to contact me if she is turned back in.

That's all I can do.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have experience with animal communicators but I have done readings for myself cause I'm curious about them. Honestly, i treat them more like entertainment and haven't had any that really did come true. But I've had friends who swear stuff they were told about their future have come true.

My suggestion would be to have a poker face, dont offer details when they're talking (like when they start to say something... dont quickly say stuff like... omg! Thats so true!) and ask some questions you already know the answer to. And pay attention to your body language and tone when you talk- people actually give a lot away just from the way they speak.

Like this one time, when i was doing a palm reading, i asked the guy if id be able to go to other countries. And he goes yes. I ask him when id be able to do that for the first time and he says i'll do it when im in my early 20s. But i already knew the answer to that one... i actually grew up abroad.

If i was trying to contact a deceased pet that didnt die from something common like kidney failure or being hit by a car, id probably ask how he died. Then id ask if my cat felt the way i disposed of the body was respectful... and what he liked/disliked about it. And i wouldnt comment on whatever answer the communicator gives me. Id just continue asking questions after that.

And if it was a cat i got from a young age and knew the history, id probably ask if he was happy as a kitten and what he did before he came to us. Maybe id even ask what his star sign was if i knew the birthday already.

Oh and dont forget to google yourself to see what's publically available.

Last edited:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in fortune tellers at all. I had a friend whose mother was one and he admitted it was all fakery. Many things are common to everyone and those are easy to identify with so the victim thinks it's a personal observation.

Don't believe in the pet psychics I mentioned above but the friend who talked to one was astonished. He's a pretty savvy guy in most things. Who knows?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you say you're a spiritual person, what "spirit" do you believe in? If you believe some of these animal communicators are real you have to ask yourself, where are they getting their information?

The greatest achievement of Satan is to make people not believe in him. That is the best thing he can do to bring evil into the world, and he certainly has done a good job of it.
I think we are all connected in a way that modern science doesn't understand. I think they are simply tapping into that connection.

Yeah, you lost me here. I'm not religious, I just go by my intuition on things and what organized religions teach just feels "wrong" to me in a way I can't really understand. I went through years of religious school and even had a Bar Mitzvah. I would do it again simply because having a Bar Mitzvah eliminated all my fear of public speaking, but the feeling that the stories and concepts that were taught were wrong in some way never went away. I still squirm and feel uncomfortable whenever I am dragged to synagogue.

As far as my beliefs, I don't think there is a hell, because it simply makes no sense for a "loving" god to torture people for all eternity without giving them the chance to be forgiven and move on. I don't think it matters what religion you are, if you are part of one or not. What matters is whether you are a good person who has good intentions. The idea of karma really jives with me and makes sense as a universal force (sort of like gravity). It provides a sort of negative feedback for bad actions while still allowing the chance to grow. The New Age belief system is probably the closest to what I believe in but I still think they're wrong in many ways. They go crazy with the alien stuff and some other stuff I feel like is too off the wall and wrong.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we are all connected in a way that modern science doesn't understand. I think they are simply tapping into that connection.

Yeah, you lost me here. I'm not religious, I just go by my intuition on things and what organized religions teach just feels "wrong" to me in a way I can't really understand. I went through years of religious school and even had a Bar Mitzvah. I would do it again simply because having a Bar Mitzvah eliminated all my fear of public speaking, but the feeling that the stories and concepts that were taught were wrong in some way never went away. I still squirm and feel uncomfortable whenever I am dragged to synagogue.

As far as my beliefs, I don't think there is a hell, because it simply makes no sense for a "loving" god to torture people for all eternity without giving them the chance to be forgiven and move on. I don't think it matters what religion you are, if you are part of one or not. What matters is whether you are a good person who has good intentions. The idea of karma really jives with me and makes sense as a universal force (sort of like gravity). It provides a sort of negative feedback for bad actions while still allowing the chance to grow. The New Age belief system is probably the closest to what I believe in but I still think they're wrong in many ways. They go crazy with the alien stuff and some other stuff I feel like is too off the wall and wrong.
Because there is a loving God is precisely the reason that hell exists. It is an extension of his mercy. God doesn't force anyone to love him. And that's essentially what heaven it--living fully in the divine life of God, loving God forever, being in his presence and seeing his face. But there are some who do not want God in there life and who choose not to love him, so out of his mercy God gives them a place to be that is eternally apart from him--hell. The ultimate torture of hell is total separation from God. God doesn't "punish" or "torture" people because they were bad in life. Sin separates us from the love of God. If all our life we have separated ourselves from God, chances are when we die, we will want the same thing that is to be apart from God. That is why in his mercy he gives people the option of hell. The torture that people experience is the loss of God, usually a result of rejecting God their whole lives.

It's like when you come into the bright sunlight out of a dark movie theatre. You squint your eyes because you've been in the dark so long, the light actually hurts. It's the same way when people die who have been in darkness for so long. When they finally see God face to face, it hurts, it's like coming into the sunlight. They choose hell themselves because it hurts too much to be in the burning presence of God.

Hell is an extension of God's mercy for people who reject God. You don't want God, he won't force you. He's certainly not going to force people who hate or don't want him to spend eternity him. That would not be loving.

Last edited:

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Because there is a loving God is precisely the reason that hell exists. It is an extension of his mercy. God doesn't force anyone to love him. And that's essentially what heaven it--living fully in the divine life of God, loving God forever, being in his presence and seeing his face. But there are some who do not want God in there life and who choose not to love him, so out of his mercy God gives them a place to be that is eternally apart from him--hell. The ultimate torture of hell is total separation from God. God doesn't "punish" or "torture" people because they were bad in life. Sin separates us from the love of God. If all our life we have separated ourselves from God, chances are when we die, we will want the same thing that is to be apart from God. That is why in his mercy he gives people the option of hell. The torture that people experience is the loss of God, usually a result of rejecting God their whole lives.

It's like when you come into the bright sunlight out of a dark movie theatre. You squint your eyes because you've been in the dark so long, the light actually hurts. It's the same way when people die who have been in darkness for so long. When they finally see God face to face, it hurts, it's like coming into the sunlight. They choose hell themselves because it hurts too much to be in the burning presence of God.

Hell is an extension of God's mercy for people who reject God. You don't want God, he won't force you. He's certainly not going to force people who hate or don't want him to spend eternity him. That would not be loving.

Riiiiight.... So it's basically this:

Yeah, no that's not something I believe in. I think people confuse loving God as an individual (which you are talking about) with living in a godly way and being the best person you can be (which is what's the most important).

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, we've gotten way off topic here. The subject is wxperiences with Animal Communicators, not religion. If you'd like to debate religious beliefs, please take it to the In My Opinion forum

Thanks.
Will do, thanks

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I already stated my opinion. Either those people are fakers, or they are working with demons (usually unknowingly) to get their information. If you don't want to believe that, then that's your deal if you want to mess with that stuff. Usually animal communicators are/ were involved with the occult, or practice difference kinds of meditations to open your mind to another state of consciousness. Opening yourself up like that opens the doors for demons. Its very dangerous stuff. Its even more dangerous because 1. people don't know that it is demonic forces they are dealing with and 2. the majority of people don't believe in demons or in a personified evil. People are totally unaware or unbelieving of the dangers. I would caution you against it.

If you seek knowledge, then pray for wisdom and let God guide you.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some of them may be for real, but there are so many fakers that I wouldn't pay someone for it, because there is no way of knowing what you are getting.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you're a spiritual person, and believe that your cats also have souls/spirits, then I think it's perfectly feasible to be able to connect with those souls after they've left the bodies they're in.

Personally, I find the idea of reincarnation to best fit within my belief system, and I believe wholeheartedly that my oldest cat has been with me through many of his lives, and through many of mine. I would love to speak with an animal communicator, myself.

I definitely don't think it would hurt, at least? Especially if you have specific questions. I wouldn't go for one that's terribly expensive, but that's because I lack the budget to do so :p

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait. We're living with cats 24/7 but we're concerned with a few silly little dæmons? Really? Honestly, you need to meet my Snowshoe. All that stuff in Ovid's Metamorphoses about Hercules' Twelve Labours, and Lichas giving the shirt covered in the Hydra's blood to Heracles to kill him? Lies, all lies. He actually had thirteen labours - the last one was, "go pick up that Snowshoe Cat." Cats eat dæmons, and spit them out as fluffy little kittens.

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I already stated my opinion. Either those people are fakers, or they are working with demons (usually unknowingly) to get their information. If you don't want to believe that, then that's your deal if you want to mess with that stuff. Usually animal communicators are/ were involved with the occult, or practice difference kinds of meditations to open your mind to another state of consciousness. Opening yourself up like that opens the doors for demons. Its very dangerous stuff. Its even more dangerous because 1. people don't know that it is demonic forces they are dealing with and 2. the majority of people don't believe in demons or in a personified evil. People are totally unaware or unbelieving of the dangers. I would caution you against it.

If you seek knowledge, then pray for wisdom and let God guide you.
Stop. You're projecting your religion into a thread that has nothing to do with it. I'm asking about people that have had experiences, not people who are projecting their belief system.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive never been to one. But I have had conversations with exorcists who have had to deal with the consequences. I thought that experience would be relevant.

If I see someone about to do something dangerous or harmful its only the right thing to do to warn them of the potential risks involved.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive never been to one. But I have had conversations with exorcists who have had to deal with the consequences. I thought that experience would be relevant.

If I see someone about to do something dangerous or harmful its only the right thing to do to warn them of the potential risks involved.
I think you have good intentions, and you have a right to your beliefs. But just because you believe it does not make it reality. Religion and politics are sensitive topics. I think the conversations with exorcist's sound interesting. Your should start a thread for that.