Does anyone give a multivitamin?

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I have a very special kitty, morton who has been on b12 shots every 10 days and also the nucat multivitamins. They say they're chewable but he won't eat them (I doubt any cat would eat a chalky tablet!) But I just put half in a capsule and the other half in another capsule and give morning and afternoon. Just wondering if anyone gives their kitties a multivitamin for an added boost of nutrition if they're chronically ill or even healthy . I'm not sure if it's the b12 shot, multivitamin or both but he acts like a kitten! He missed his kitten hood due to illness the first 1.5 years of life but seems like he's making up for it.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the cat is healthy and eating a complete and balanced diet it is totally unnecessary to supplement with vitamins. This doesn't sound like the case with your kitty though. Glad to hear it is helping and he is acting like a kitten again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If the cat is healthy and eating a complete and balanced diet it is totally unnecessary to supplement with vitamins. This doesn't sound like the case with your kitty though. Glad to hear it is helping and he is acting like a kitten again!
He's in the process of healing his body through holistic medicine at a certified chinese medicine vet since he grew up from 2 months old overly suppressed with immunosuppressive drugs. But somehow the multis and the b12 shot are really helping him!

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did with my senior kitty, Jasmine, for the last year or so if her life. She was having a hard time fully metabolizing vitamins and minerals from her food I think so I started adding a multivitamin and she did improve for a while :) I don't give any to Lydia though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did with my senior kitty, Jasmine, for the last year or so if her life. She was having a hard time fully metabolizing vitamins and minerals from her food I think so I started adding a multivitamin and she did improve for a while :) I don't give any to Lydia though.
Glad she improved a bit :) I think it's for the best for my little guy. The holistic vet said for cases like him definitely a b12 shot twice a month (I do them myself) . She didn't suggest a multi but i will show it to her at his appt this week. She put him on a chinese tea pill once a day and a 3 seeds combination tablet