Does Anyone Else's Cat Do This?

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey kitty girls (and boys),

Six months ago, when Jiggy was 12 months old, she was very independent, did what she wanted and hardly wanted much to do with me.

Fast forward to today, she's much more mellow and because it's winter, she likes to stay inside and keep warm obviously.

My issue; I have a huge cat tree for her which she occasionally sleeps in and she's always welcome to sleep with me on my king size bed. Lately, she's been wanting to sleep close to me, always touching me or manoevering her body to fit into my position. I absolutely love how cuddly and affectionate she is but every time I move, cough, laugh, talk on the phone etc, she always gets mad and meows because I'm disturbing her. It's happening right now lol.

I literally just moved my leg and she got mad and "meowed" at me. It's like she wants to be close to me but wants me to stay still like a statue hahaha.

Not a massive issue but has anyone experienced something similar?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there. :)
I used to have a velcro foster kitty that seemed to be my shadow, and made it a point that a paw or any part of her touches my skin when we slept. But gets seemingly annoyed when I move, just like your cat. It was amusing to look at the changes in her expression.

That cat is obviously bonded to you. Soon as she grows her emotional dependency on you may lessen a bit. At the end of the day if this does not cause problems for you as you say then that is great. However, you can also be able to fix this should you wish to, and to ensure there will be no issues later on for the cat or even for you.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... your Jiggy sounds like a cuddly, sweetie pie. :catlove: It'll be interesting to see if she changes once the weather warms up again.

My Ruby girl sleeps under the covers with me most nights during the winter, but once spring arrives, it always seems she doesn't need her human bed warmer anymore. ;)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rocket is another one who likes to be touching me most of the time. She tends to sleep with me in the spring/summer and elsewhere in the winter (fall is a toss up). She too gives me an evil looks if I move too much (she's quieter so meowing is usually out). I figure she has to live with it though because sometimes I just need to move. I do get lucky that she completely passes out dead to the world after about an hour. I can't move her but she won't realize if I move away some

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With time they learn to accept that you move. Of those who want to sleep across your legs, knees, will learn to flow as you turn over during the night. If you don't turn over your legs will go to sleep, which isn't really all that good for you. Practice now, during the winter is a good thing. You've got enough cover that if she smacks you, it won't hurt.