Does Anyone Else Give Their Cats Nicknames?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Callie was named before she moved here on her own from my neighbors I call her Cal,
baby girl, tweetie, girly-girl, sweet girl, love, beauty. Gosh, so many💖

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Tommy is nicknamed "Yammy" because he is as red as a yam. Also the "Chicken Monster" because he begs for deli chicken twenty times a day. Mollie is called "Maudie" because she is our two boy's mother and keeps the order in the house. Dutch is, well, Dutch. so named for the huge black mustache he wore when he was so sick as a kitten, and he looked like the men in those old Dutch paintings. The name stuck. I call them all "my sea of orange".

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mollipop - Snooker Joe, Molli, Molli-Polli, Baby Girl, Mama's Girl
Muffin - Muffin-Stuffin
Tabitha - Tabby, Tabby-Babby, Tabby-Girl
Amber Louise - Amber da Bamber, Miss Amber

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I call her pretty girl quite a bit but most often “the girl”, as in “Would the girl like a treat?”. Too much Game of Thrones I guess.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a cat named Comrade but called him Comiss-T. His sister was Torrie but I called her Torrina. Current kittens are Booney Boone and Gracie Lou. :crackup:They probably have no idea what their true names are.

IsaAndNena

Nena’s personal maid
Young Cat
Purraise
Love the nicknames hahaha. My cat is called Nena (not pronounced Nina more like the E in men) so I call her Na-na, nana banana, “the cat” when she’s being annoying or Bebe

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is on a diet at the moment (getting too fat) so its Hungry Hippo and because its winter here and wet and cold he is pooping in his litter tray instead of outside..normally litter tray is pee only,.. so he gets Foul Bowels.

AyaB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have two cats. one has been missing for over a month now but he’s still my baby and i’m not losing hope that i will find him..

anyway, here are my cats’ nicknames

chibi (the one who is missing) - cheebz, cheeb meister, gary (the snail), cheebz dweeb, garfield (his favorite treat is lasagna), son, son-son

kibanna (plays fetch) - kibbin, kibbin mclibbin, cob (she likes corn on the cob), kiban, kevin

my boyfriend also sometimes calls her red *****/orange ***** when she’s being naughty lmao (she’s a ginger cat and has the most personality i’ve ever seen)

i’m sure there’s more nicknames but that’s the ones we call them most frequently. we call them by their nick names more often than their government names lol

just curious if anyone else does this lol
Pyeol:
Pyo
Pyo pyo
Fuafua
Fluff butt
Little shadow

Lucky:
Ducky
Lucky Duck
Duckster
Duck duck

Flapjack's Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Olivia
Livels (pronounced "live-awls")
Live-live
Livey
Corn paws

Dorian
Mama's Badass (which she responds to the most 😂)
Black Fury
Crazy Sister
Craziness
Ratchet

Bunny
BunBun
Mama's (Sweet) BunBun
Big Chungus
Dopey/Derpy sister
Clunk

Heard of Ratchet and Clank? Dorian and Bunny are Ratchet and "Clunk" 🤦🏾‍♀️

All together they're "Mama's Girls" ❤🥰

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have added some lately.

Gracie Woo Woo

Husband calls Boone Otter. He sounds just like one when he gets excited about getting his wet food at night or when he wants to be petted.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have answered this before, when I first got Puar, but his nicknames have evolved. He's no longer chonky, he's swole af so chonkmeister doesn't work!!

I call him "Little Brother" in the way Mulan calls her dog in the animated movie.
Also: Poobs, Pooblano, Pooconici, and Buds

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He's no longer chonky, he's swole af so chonkmeister doesn't work!!
You could start a new thread and get advice on ways to help him to lose (slowly) some weight :)

Poppycat is lately being called Mr Handsome, Fuzzybottoms, Mr Britches, and (not a new nickname for him) Cat :)

Last edited:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You could start a new thread and get advice on ways to help him to lose (slowly) some weight :)
Oh! He doesn't need to lose weight! He got really muscular (swole) from running up and down the stairs in my little loft so even though he feels about the same weight, it's all muscle now instead of roly-poly squishiness like when I got him!