Does Anyone Believe In (cat) Reincarnation?

wrs2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure where to put this, but I figured this would be the best place.

Does anyone believe in animal reincarnation or have experience with this?

My cat Molly passed away Feb. 20, 2018. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to deal with, and even after one year later the experience bothers me greatly. The night that she died I had a dream where I found her on beach on the way home from my vacation. The night before coming home from vacation, I received an email from a shelter to come look for a kitten the following day. So on the way home from vacation, I stopped at the local PetCo where the shelter was having an adoption event. They had a little black and white girl with big sad eyes. Not the cutest cat, and no black nose like Molly had, which I was sure she would have again. When I held her I felt a wave emotion come over me. I decided to get her. This cat did come to me the same day Molly said she would and I felt the connection.

When she came home she went right to the hutch and dove her paw under it. One of Molly's favorite toys was under the hutch. She acted like she knew the house and she interacted with the other cats without any issues at all. No hissing or growling. She even rubbed Peaches, who was Molly's "mother" in the exact same way Molly did. She did so many other Molly things as well... If you sniffed at Molly she could give you a "hug" where she arched her back and rubbed you. Daisy does the same. It would eventually lead to her rolling over and if you put your head down close to her, she would attack, in a nice way of course. Daisy does the same. Molly loved to go on a bookshelf near my closet, wait for the closet door to be opened and proceed to jump on my shirts hanging on hangers and walk across the hangers. Daisy does the same. Molly would always come with Kasey to greet me when I came home, Daisy now comes with Kasey. Molly always sat at the top of the stairs in the upstairs hallway. Daisy now always sits there as well. Daisy also no longer has sad eyes.

I am convinced that Daisy is Molly and there isn't anything anyone could say to change my mind. I know my cat and the spiritual bond I have with daisy feels exactly the same as it did with Molly.

If anyone has similar experience, I would love to hear them!
:)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy that you have Daisy in your life now! My dad's people traditionally believe that those who have died are with the Creator along with those yet to be born. My first JC was physically almost the complete opposite of my current JC but are very much alike in personality. The second JC even responds to "Deetles" which was the first JC's nickname. It is amazing!
It happens in people, too. My nephew was murdered at age 18, four years before my grandson was born. When my grandson was 3, we were at my mom's and he saw my nephew's picture on the wall. He told us, "that's me. I used to swim in the big water"; my nephew lived on Maui and loved being in the Pacific daily, swimming, surfing, net fishing...it was astonishing!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always believed that every living thing has a soul, an 'essence' that makes us who we are. When we die, that leaves the body and returns to the universe around us. That is why people who we love that die don't look or 'feel' the same when we observe them after death. So who knows? That 'essence' could return to a vessel, especially if the bond of love is strong enough to draw it near. I have not experienced this in my pets or loved ones, but I do know that when we traveled to a far away state once I was drawn to a city there and 'knew' the streets and neighborhoods. There were things that were missing too, I felt it, but cities change. It was one of the strangest things I have experienced!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When leo passed away, mc who is also now deceased would start to meow like leo, sit in the same spots as leo did, meow at the back door in the mornings, with the same kind of chirup meow that leo always did, mc never did that in her life , only until leo passed. Mc would only stay at the front of the house and refused to go to the back of the house one day even though Leo and Mc both shared the backyard for the first 4 years, leo would then hang out in the backyard and visit mc at the front and sit with her, but mc would never go to the backyard to visit leo. After leo passed away she eventually moved into the backyard and hardly stayed at the front of the house. She would sit on the back stairs with me where leo would sitin all of his spots and trees. It was like as if when leo passed away his soul when ino her, like she became him. It was amazing to watch even though it was a bit stange at first.

I do beleive that there must be something like a reincarnation, or like a soul transfer because for Mc to swtich personalities was very unlike her at all.

I am glad you found daisy and that she is now happy with you and that her personality is the same as molly, it must have been some sort of sign that you chose daisy and the connection you felt with her at an instant was probably molly chosing daisy for you, i wouldnt doubt yourself cause as you said you know molly very well and her behaiviors, most cats dont act the same way which is identical to another cat and carry on in the same behavioural patterns on day one of being put into a new living area.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a black lab we named Mocchi. He had a slight white patch on his chest. He was active and healthy, loved the water, loved to jump on people, afraid of the heights etc. He was only 2 years old when he suddenly died. He died one November night of 2016. At the same time somewhere in the same city we were a black mini poodle was also born. He had a slight white patch on his chest. One way or another he made his way into our home when I accidentally saw a post of him on facebook. Nobody seemed interested of him, as he was the last among the litter.

We took him in and all the things that Mocchi loved he also did. We named him Moo-Moo but until now even after 3 years when we mistakenly say the name Mocchi he runs to us like crazy.

but I do know that when we traveled to a far away state once I was drawn to a city there and 'knew' the streets and neighborhoods.
I also feel the same way too. Sometimes when I go for the first time someplace I get this strange feeling that I have already been there before.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We always used to joke about our last cat being the reincarnation of a dog we'd had 20 years earlier. They had the same personalities, idiosyncrasies, tricks, and primary attachment to me from day one. The weird part was that I very spontaneously decided to take a kitten or two the day the litter was born - without having seen them or even having thought about getting another cat. When I did see them, I said I'd take two of his siblings, but Jamie was having none of that. He was so determined to have me as a "mom" that I gave in to the inevitable.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always believed that every living thing has a soul, an 'essence' that makes us who we are. When we die, that leaves the body and returns to the universe around us. That is why people who we love that die don't look or 'feel' the same when we observe them after death. So who knows? That 'essence' could return to a vessel, especially if the bond of love is strong enough to draw it near. I have not experienced this in my pets or loved ones, but I do know that when we traveled to a far away state once I was drawn to a city there and 'knew' the streets and neighborhoods. There were things that were missing too, I felt it, but cities change. It was one of the strangest things I have experienced!
I've had experiences when meeting someone and getting an overwhelming feeling of, "Where have you been?' or "Oh there you are". As if I already knew them but did not.

This is not always a good thing.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would put it under possible. I’m not sure. However who am I to judge? I swore I felt Sarah’s soul linger for 6 months after she died ...... I think because she knew my mom needed her. I almost died once and remember the feeling of love/acceptance/joy I was going to. Because I believe in souls I don’t really care that much about graves or those stuff ....... to me it is just the container/car, not the person.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Isabelle passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in February 2018. Three months later we brought home a kitten. From the very first day, that kitten, Buddy, seemed to know us, our house layout, our other cats. He is a little over a year now and often exhibits behaviors that were unique to Isabelle. I DON'T think it is a case of reincarnation with my babies. I DO think that somehow Isabelle "whispers" to Buddy. I think she had a hand (paw) bringing Buddy into our life. She knew that we needed this particular boy. I think she "showed him the ropes" as he has grown. When Buddy does things that were purely unique to Isabelle, I think he somehow learned them from her, even though they never met. She will always be part of our family. She's looking after her baby brother and us.:)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't believe in that kind of stuff. Animal or human. I have lost over 30 cats and dogs in my life time and I have never seen their ghost.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not rationally, no. But in our family we have a little joke that cats always "send their replacements", either right before they die or after. There is always another cat who will show up about that time, and they always have some similarity with the cat who died. It's probably just brains looking for patterns---they do love patterns---but it's funny how that's always happened.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In September of 2007, we lost Spooky, a short-haired tuxedo that had come to us with the passing of Michele's parents. Roughly 6 weeks later, a short-haired tuxedo started coming around to our house. No one knew where he came from, and after several months of fruitless searching for an owner, we let him come inside. Like Spooky, he was a clingy lap cat, sharing many of Spooky's mannerisms. The kicker was that both cats had an identical thin white streak on their left rear legs. Reincarnation? Who knows, but I wouldn't bet against it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do believe in reincarnation. I haven't experienced it (at least as far as I'm aware), but I definitely do believe in it. I definitely believe that loved ones visit us in our dreams after they die. I was waiting (very impatiently) for when my late cat Willie would visit me in my dreams. It was about a month after she died that she came to me. It was very, very vivid. She was on my chest and purring like she always would and I swear I could actually hear her purring. I woke up expecting her to actually be with me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with this 100%. I saw and interacted with my late DH twice since his passing. I was not dreaming as I was not sleeping. He looked younger and healthier than he did when he was alive. In fact, he looked more "alive" than ever.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
in 2015, i found this little guy. Fell in love with him the second i saw him :redheartpump:

he's about 7 weeks old in this picture but when i found him in the backyard of my house, he was so small, about 3 weeks old. my mum and i had to syringe feed him.

he passed away last year, in April. Just a few weeks after we celebrated his 3rd birthday. I still miss him so much.

One night, i had a dream that Oreo came back. It felt so real. It felt like i actually touched him! i was really upset when i woke up.
The next day, i found them in a box:
How can someone abandon them!?
Of course, after seeing the black and white one, i thought of Oreo. I had to adopt him!
My mum helped a lot in taking care of them. The three girls had their vaccinations and we also got them spayed. Found homes for them.

i named him Reo. Because he reminded me a lot of Oreo. i didn't replaced Oreo, i never will. I just found another cat who is just as sweet and adorable as Oreo was.
So, this is Reo.

His face definitely isn't similar to Oreo's face but still, he's just like Oreo! Even his voice sounds the same as Oreo's. It's crazy. every single thing Oreo used to do? Reo does it too! i really don't know how to explain, to be honest. It's just.. It feels like Oreo is back.
Sorry, this is long!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

wrs2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I watched some YouTube videos on reincarnation after Molly died. There was one animal medium who mentioned a few things that people here have said such as the animals seemingly switching souls or sending a new cat a few months before they die or soon after. It is interesting to see that some of you have had the same experiences mentioned in the videos from the animal medium!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
This universe is vast and mysterious. I was going to say infinite but I'm not sure...

Anyway, I have experienced so many things in life that I cannot explain. My mind is very open. I don't disbelieve or doubt anything because I believe that there is so much we still don't know.

With that being said, I do think Daisy may very well be your sweet kitty that passed.

I sure do hope Felix will find his way back to me when it's his time.