Does Anyone Believe In (cat) Reincarnation?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone here a fan of the "Pawtracks" books by Denis O"Connor? His original Maine Coon was Toby Jug (a delightful explanation of the name is given in the first book Pawtracks In The Moonlight) and in the epilogue there is a story of how, after Toby Jug passed on, a medium saw Toby Jug on the author's shoulder.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not believe in reincarnation, technically, but I know that energy does not die and is just transformed or moved. Perhaps, some of that energy finds its way back to loved ones because of connection?

Many years ago, I had a cat named Severus Molière Shaw. Severus and I just had something special between us; however, we did not get a lot of time together. After he was with me for just a couple of months, he was killed. I will not get into how, but it was horrific and lingering. It broke my heart to lose him. I had other cats that I loved at the time. I have had other cats since.

In 2013, my friend's friend found a litter of kittens whose mother and other siblings were killed by a coyote. We trapped the little wild babies--Willow, Fennimore, and Pip--and started the long journey of taming them. They were hellcats. Fennimore, though, connected with me right away. Just me. The first time I held him, all I could think of was my Severus Molière Shaw. I am not a cry-baby by any stretch of the imagination, yet I got teary holding Fennimore, who, at the time, was just "Boy Cat One." In my head, I started calling him Fennimore and knew I had to keep him. And his sister Willow. His brother, Pip, stayed with my friend after they bonded and after Pip decided her oldest female cat was his mother. (Obviously, Fennimore is named after James Fenimore Cooper. He was found on Fenn Rd, so he was given two n's.) Fennimore seemed to me to be something of Severus returned.

I do not have a favorite of our nine cats, although, Fennimore and I just have something special. I swear, he smiles at me.

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I said often when Oscar was alive that if I believed in reincarnation, Oscar was my cat Garfield that I had growing up. After Oscar passed away, I have become more convinced of it. I got Garfield when I was five years old and he lived 18 years. He was my best friend, my support in undiagnosed anxiety and depression. He loved me most, but my dad second. He lived to be 18 and passed away only days after meeting the man who would become my husband. I have always thought that he hung on until he knew I would be okay- that someone had come along who would love me as much as he did. Oscar came into my life two years after my dad passed away. I was not dealing with his passing well. I was suicidal and depressed. Oscar reminded me so much of Garfield, and my mom and sisters agreed. Oscar became an adventure cat and brought my love of hiking back to me. My dad and I started hiking together and after he passed I had a hard time doing it on my own. Oscar brought back my joy of hiking. Oscar along with intense therapy helped me overcome my depression and suicidal ideation. Oscar lived a short life, lymphoma took him way to soon, I only had him 3 years. But he brought my joy back. After loosing him I hurt so much, but it was like loosing Garfield all over again. Even though I only had him a short while I can’t help but think he really was Garfield, and my dad sent him to me to help me. That’s why I only had him a short time, he had just come to help me heal and when I was okay he left to go back to my dad. I can’t be certain, but it feels true.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I just don't believe in that kind of stuff. Animal or human. I have lost over 30 cats and dogs in my life time and I have never seen their ghost.
Here’s a true story about my dog Pepper. My mother was in an especially angry and abusive mode and I ended up in foster care for a while. My stepdad would visit me there and assured me Pepper and my brothers dog were fine. Pepper was my friend and I loved him and needed him as only a hurt little girl could. A song came on the radio where I was staying and it made me so sad:
-as time goes on
I realize
Just what you mean to me
And now, now that you’re near
Promise your love
That I’ve waited to share
And dream of our moments together
Color my world
With hope of loving you-
Then, as I was crying, I saw Pepper sitting up on his hind end, waving goodbye. And I knew he was dead. I tore downstairs and demanded to call my stepdad. My stepdad quietly admitted that Pepper and Corkey jumped the fence and had been missing for a couple of weeks... I believe because I couldn’t have known Pepper was gone. My first words to my stepdad was “where’s Pepper?” I was 15...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe in reincarnation for all animals and humans too. Part of the Hindu belief I followed at one time. I also believe that Shaman is the reincarnation of my beloved Pepper. Her attitude is more than similar.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a teenager we had two cat's a long haired black cat Rebel and a ginger called rusty. When rusty died a few weeks later my dad turned up with another kitten in a box he was ginger and we called him Rambo. He behaved just like Rusty from day one we didn't even introduce him to 3 year old Rebel just you have a new friend be nice. Rebel was so happy no hissing or fighting it was like he had his pal back. It was certainly different because Rebel didn't like other cat's at all.

ImAPunnyComedian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today our cat princess gave birth to four kittens, but one of them looks exactly like my cat that passed away. It's the same gender with the same fur markings. I've had Pebbles for two years and his mother (Kiwi) was my old cat before him. Pebbles was a big male cat with a chill personality, although we'd always explore the bushes together and eat veggie chips. He went missing for three months until our dog brought back his dismembered body, he wasn't dead for long tho. I buried him in a place where we'd always hang out together. But today it was surprising since a kitten looks exactly like him and is a male. I don't know what this means, but everyone is talking about how it looks like him and they keep calling him Pebbles 2.0 and Pebbles Reincarnated. I don't like these nicknames, but it is what it is. I included my favorite picture of him, where he ate spaghetti and his mouth was orange. I can't provide a picture of the kitten yet.

Attachments

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't believe in that kind of stuff. Animal or human. I have lost over 30 cats and dogs in my life time and I have never seen their ghost.
I apologize for such a negative post. Even though I don't believe in reincarnation I should have keep my opinion to myself. No wonder I am not well liked here.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize for such a negative post. Even though I don't believe in reincarnation I should have keep my opinion to myself. No wonder I am not well liked here.
I don't know about the 'well liked' part, but as to reincarnation, who am I to say whether it is real or not. Perhaps it is, and if that gives comfort to someone, then fine. I go by what Shakespeare wrote in 'Hamlet': There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Someday- in the not-too-distant future, at least in my case- we will find out for sure one way or the other.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I believe? Well....I believe in keeping an open mind. :)
There are those who believe in God, Angels, Reincarnation, Aliens, Ghosts, Clairvoyance, other dimensions, Voodoo...etc...Who's to say who's right or wrong? And even out of what I listed, there could be bits of truth from all of them, even if our current "ideological construct" of each is not quite right. There is just so much we don't know about the universe and it's possibilities.
All I know is that I have experienced so many "supernatural" moments or events in my life that can't be explained by our current acceptance of what is "real". So I will always keep an open mind to all "otherworldly" beliefs.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just because you have a different opinion should not mean you are not liked. It would be way to boring to not have a spirited discussion from time to time. I am old enough not to take what people meanly say seriously, I have my own beliefs and nothing they can say will change it. I can be the b word too, and I really don't care if people like me or not. Keep an open mind and go about your life......

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reincarnation doesn't mean ghosts, it mean returning to this life in a different body. If you've never experienced signs from any of your cats or dogs after they passed, you may just not have been expecting it so missed it.

While I do believe in reincarnation, there are a lot of things I don't necessarily believe. However, I have an open mind and nothing is absolute.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched some YouTube videos on reincarnation after Molly died. There was one animal medium who mentioned a few things that people here have said such as the animals seemingly switching souls or sending a new cat a few months before they die or soon after. It is interesting to see that some of you have had the same experiences mentioned in the videos from the animal medium!
We feel our cats who passed have guided us to the cats we were supposed to get. Not because it's them reincarnated, but because these are the cats we were supposed to have. In one case we were led to a sweet little tabby named Darcy. She was 6 months old, and shortly after she came to live with us, she got FIP. We nursed her and kept her happy for a couple months before it got too bad and we had to let her go. I've always believed that Cynthia led us to her because she knew Darcy would need someone to love and care for her and that we would do that. We did it for Cynthia when she got cancer and other issues, and Cindy lived almost 2 years after the diagnois when one vet told us 3 months tops.

With both Cricket and Austin, we almost didn't get either of them for various reasons but something kept sending us back. We always say that Swanie and Cindy led us to them, but they are not Cindy or Swanie reincarnated we don't believe.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If believing in reincarnation helps people then that's fine. I do my best not to judge people or their beliefs. But that does not mean I am closed minded if I choose not to believe what other people believe.

FranCecy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1662568598609.png

Silvestro - Cagliostro, Inpiù - Argento

I have decided to share my experience just to give anyone grieving their pet and waiting for their return a big boost of hope! I know how it feels to be surfing the internet for clues, for stories.

So I wanted to give back what hope and information I got from other people online. All I can say is : don’t give up ! Be open and be listening, be willing to receive signs, and always nourish that heart connection with your pet.

My beautiful tuxedo cat Silvestro ( a female cat with a male character, that we believed to be a male, and always referred to as ‘he’ anyways) died on the 6th of february 2022. This was a 3 years old cat who appeared from nowhere in my garden as a 20 days old chubby and sassy puppy, forgotten by his mother, screaming in protest and who became my baby. We were inseparable. The passing was the first strange thing : I was not home, I was on a hike on that unfortunate day. But I was able to trace back all his movements by reports by my neighbours. At an hour and minute compatible with the time he was hit by a car, I in the meantime was having one of the strangest experiences I have ever had. It was a dissociation experience very hard to describe. I think it might be connected to him but also to what people call a past life memory. I recognized the place I was hiking, with a strong sense of familiarity and at the same time I felt spacey and very confused.

Of course when I came back and discovered my cat was missing and then, after some investigation, that he was dead, one of the hardest times of my life begun. I do not need to explain the deep pain, longing, desperation I felt. If you are here reading, you feel exactly the same. I cried all the time, I was broken into pieces.

I plunged into research. I had already read about cat and pet reincarnation when another cat of mine called Inpiù died in 2018. This time my pain was so deep, the feeling of being unfairly torn from each other so strong, that I started to do one thing : I consciously asked him to come back, to please come back.

In my pain, I started to get some signs of his lingering presence. A part from the occasional meowing, or purring and feeling of paws on the bed at night… there were more original sings and occurrences, that spoke to me specifically. I started having dreams about him, where ( a part from one occasion) he appeared in all possible versions of tuxedo. He would pop up in street names, people names ( in Italian Silvestro is used for people also), pictures. I had these clear feeling of his presence, his location. As in a beautiful reincarnation story I read online, I could feel him being close to our physical reality or far away, he was located in my chest, purring through my working day, or mixed with the whole universe.

During this time a symbol started to haunt me. This symbol has its own long story. I had noticed it even before my cat’s death. I found it so often in the houses near here that some months before I had started to think it could be a magic symbol, disguised as a simple decoration. And, most of all, there was one the place of the accident. I have very old memories about this symbol, very unclear. I have half an idea it could be connected with my ancestors story. My ancestors actually founded the small village I live in at the beginning of the XXth century and the place was full of magic. Ironically there are many reports ( by actual historians), way too many for a small place like that, of people who could talk with the dead.

This symbol winked at me, it comforted me somehow. It felt to me as some kind of portal.

In my dreams and meditations, Silvestro sometimes appeared looking like himself except for the tail pattern : it had a white tip.

During a deep meditation some time in the second half of March 2022, I had this strange vision, which formed spontaneously. I think I found what I suppose is our local ‘rainbow bridge’. It was a valley, full of small stone enclosures and houses, looking very much like what was probably here in my region a couple thousand years ago, according to history. Some places had that architecture even a couple of centuries ago. Every enclosure had a garden and there every animal lived with their ‘guardian’ on the other side. We stopped near a house and its enclosure, and a old woman stepped out and smiled at me. She was wearing the traditional local dress and I didn’t know her but she had something in her face that reminded me of my grandpa lineage. I flinched.She ‘communicated’ to me that she was keeping my cat and I felt a strong sense of peace. She also told me that her time there was not long and she was going to ‘die’ to that reality ( whatever it might mean for a person who has already died) and pass to another dimension and when she did, my cat would return to me. I raised from the meditation and was more peaceful.

Then the ‘angel’ came, as me and my friend have come to call him. During a very rainy and damp day, 18th of March 2022, what looked like a stray cat appeared from nowhere: he was super thin, his fur matted, starved. As I took care of him, I immediately realized he was acting quite strange . He was black and white as my love, but quite the opposite in size, proportions etc. I took a picture of him and my friend pointed he had a white spot on his back looking like a pair of angel wings. Well, what’s the purpose of angels? ‘Angelus’ actually means ‘messenger’, ‘announcing’. This cat peeked at me through the same door where my cat would peek at me, asking to get in. He jumped from the little wall exactly like he did (except he had less energy than my cat) and asked to be let in. I let him in, and watched. He sat and waited. He seemed to be listening. He went straight to my bedroom, of the many rooms he could have gone to, he went to my cat water bowl ( which I still kept, refreshing the water when needed as a homage to my cat) and drank. He stood as he stood, and drank loudly as he did. I cried. I knew this cat could not be him, as he was too old. Also he had a totally different feeling and character : it totally felt as if he was ‘acting out’ some script. Then I had an intuition: of all people I texted a neighbor. It turned out to be her cat :he is cared for, but he has some metabolic and mental problems, can’t be totally healed and that makes him look like a stray. I feel he was so special, and he conveyed a message to me from my cat.

All along I have been talking to a girl living in my neighborhood who I had never met before. She lost her cat, a male tabby, in the same week I lost mine. We connected and made friends. She told me she had another female cat left, and she was pregnant. When the cat mommy gave birth to her babies, she sent me some pictures. And there I saw a small black and white cat, with the ‘tail pattern’, the white tip. He also had what looked like the symbol on his back, very blurry . Of course I couldn’t stop looking at the picture. But when I met the black and white I felt absolutely nothing : this big puppy looked at me with big serene eyes, moved slowly and had nothing of my cat essence or personality.

I was a little discouraged but I went on with my life.

It was an episode with this neighbor, which unfortunately made us break our friendship, which got things started again. We saved together a small abandoned tabby, which she lately claimed for herself, breaking my heart, but the feeling of having a baby cat in my hands again kicked me into action : I felt this urge to act.

I volunteered to raise and adopt baby cats during the end of April 2022 when stray orphaned babies where popping up everywhere and foster mums, both human and cat, were very needed. But for some strange reason, even if it was raining kitties, I could get none : people not replying, someone coming before me and taking the cat before me or the kittens being too young and unfortunately dying before the volunteers could intervene and so on.

Finally a girl contacted me. We made the necessary arrangements and I organized to leave as soon as possible, for a 2 hours drive. At these point there were 5 people all cooperating to save a litter of 4 kittens, through a series of accidents and a bit of adventure, helping each other – and we are still in contact nowadays .The kitten were born one day before Easter 2022 and were now in a stone lab. Their mom was a young lady, black and white as my cat who passed. And she died in a car accident, too. When I first saw a picture of the litter, a black and white puppy stood out. But he was already claimed. At this point, many doubts filled my mind, but I decided to trust my intuition. Colors did not matter. Even if I had asked my cat to came back as similar as possible, so that my family could recognize and have a feel of him too.

So in the end I’ll tell you what was in the box I was handed : a couple of 20-days old, screaming, trembling, dirty kittens. One silver- gray, semi- tabby and semi-siamese puppy and … a black and white, with a flare on his muzzle. Here’s what happened : unexpectedly the lady who claimed the black and white one ( we also became acquainted and we currently exchange information and advice about the puppies) had been to the stone lab that morning, fell in love with a light gray puppy and decided to take her instead.

In the flare of my tuxedo kitty, clearly visibile, is the symbol. Under his eyes, two little trickles of white, resembling tear tracks, which for some reason make me emotional every time I look at them. And as about the tail … it doesn’t have the white tip but … it is not a regular tail. He has an extra long tail, with a slightly bent tip ( you can feel the bent bone only by holding his tail between your fingers).

On the 5th of May 2022 I was home with my two new cats.

I named them Argento, the silver- gray one ( argento means silver, in Italian) and Cagliostro, the black and white one. Cagliosto is actually the first name I was thinking to give to my previous cat and I had been indecisive for quite a while before naming him ( her) Silvestro, in the end. Cagliostro showed signs of being aware of his surroundings and of my presence before the other one: stood taller, started exploring sooner, started to display signs of a sassy character, as my previous cat. He likes to cuddle into me and looks into my eyes for long minutes, gently paws at my face, and actually climbed in bed with me when he was so small I thought it impossible for him to do so. I am often speechless. The feeling of being with someone I’ve known before comes over me in waves. A couple of friends who knew the story from the very beginning are positive Cagliostro is the new Silvestro. The awareness comes to me gently and slowly in time, as well as happiness and relief, as I raise these two little beasts who changed and animated my life a lot, and I now feel that familiar presence sleeping with me again. It cannot be described or explained easily.

At 50 days old, Cagliostro climbed on my desk where I have my picture album and my poster with myself and Silvestro, a little bit of a memorial actually. And put himself in a weird position, looking like he’s actually coming off from Silvestro’s back! It was so tender, so deep, so funny I took a picture of it.

At 3 months old, it became very clear that Cagliostro is also a female. But I don’t know if we will feel like changing his name.

Then I became aware that also Argento reminded me of someone. He gave me a sense of the first cat I considered for reincarnation : Inpiù. In those days when I was asking for Silvestro to come back, every day I said hello to all my lost pets. And when I saw Inpiù’s little face also asked him to come back if he wanted too. It was a big surprise when, at a closer inspection, I found the symbol on his forehead too.

So this is my story. A bit long, but I think I exposed the main facts.

All I have to say is : listen, listen with your heart, be open. Be inspired by others but follow your path. Ask for what you want, pray if you have to. Keep the contact alive. Don’t let anybody distract you or tell otherwise. Feel everything, explain nothing. I think the path your pet takes to come back to you is very personal to your own case.

I hope my story will be of help for all of you grieving. I wish you a joyful reunion!

FranCecy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 431091

I have decided to share my experience just to give anyone grieving their pet and waiting for their return a big boost of hope! I know how it feels to be surfing the internet for clues, for stories.

So I wanted to give back what hope and information I got from other people online. All I can say is : don’t give up ! Be open and be listening, be willing to receive signs, and always nourish that heart connection with your pet.

My beautiful tuxedo cat Silvestro ( a female cat with a male character, that we believed to be a male, and always referred to as ‘he’ anyways) died on the 6th of february 2022. This was a 3 years old cat who appeared from nowhere in my garden as a 20 days old chubby and sassy puppy, forgotten by his mother, screaming in protest and who became my baby. We were inseparable. The passing was the first strange thing : I was not home, I was on a hike on that unfortunate day. But I was able to trace back all his movements by reports by my neighbours. At an hour and minute compatible with the time he was hit by a car, I in the meantime was having one of the strangest experiences I have ever had. It was a dissociation experience very hard to describe. I think it might be connected to him but also to what people call a past life memory. I recognized the place I was hiking, with a strong sense of familiarity and at the same time I felt spacey and very confused.

Of course when I came back and discovered my cat was missing and then, after some investigation, that he was dead, one of the hardest times of my life begun. I do not need to explain the deep pain, longing, desperation I felt. If you are here reading, you feel exactly the same. I cried all the time, I was broken into pieces.

I plunged into research. I had already read about cat and pet reincarnation when another cat of mine called Inpiù died in 2018. This time my pain was so deep, the feeling of being unfairly torn from each other so strong, that I started to do one thing : I consciously asked him to come back, to please come back.

In my pain, I started to get some signs of his lingering presence. A part from the occasional meowing, or purring and feeling of paws on the bed at night… there were more original sings and occurrences, that spoke to me specifically. I started having dreams about him, where ( a part from one occasion) he appeared in all possible versions of tuxedo. He would pop up in street names, people names ( in Italian Silvestro is used for people also), pictures. I had these clear feeling of his presence, his location. As in a beautiful reincarnation story I read online, I could feel him being close to our physical reality or far away, he was located in my chest, purring through my working day, or mixed with the whole universe.

During this time a symbol started to haunt me. This symbol has its own long story. I had noticed it even before my cat’s death. I found it so often in the houses near here that some months before I had started to think it could be a magic symbol, disguised as a simple decoration. And, most of all, there was one the place of the accident. I have very old memories about this symbol, very unclear. I have half an idea it could be connected with my ancestors story. My ancestors actually founded the small village I live in at the beginning of the XXth century and the place was full of magic. Ironically there are many reports ( by actual historians), way too many for a small place like that, of people who could talk with the dead.

This symbol winked at me, it comforted me somehow. It felt to me as some kind of portal.

In my dreams and meditations, Silvestro sometimes appeared looking like himself except for the tail pattern : it had a white tip.

During a deep meditation some time in the second half of March 2022, I had this strange vision, which formed spontaneously. I think I found what I suppose is our local ‘rainbow bridge’. It was a valley, full of small stone enclosures and houses, looking very much like what was probably here in my region a couple thousand years ago, according to history. Some places had that architecture even a couple of centuries ago. Every enclosure had a garden and there every animal lived with their ‘guardian’ on the other side. We stopped near a house and its enclosure, and a old woman stepped out and smiled at me. She was wearing the traditional local dress and I didn’t know her but she had something in her face that reminded me of my grandpa lineage. I flinched.She ‘communicated’ to me that she was keeping my cat and I felt a strong sense of peace. She also told me that her time there was not long and she was going to ‘die’ to that reality ( whatever it might mean for a person who has already died) and pass to another dimension and when she did, my cat would return to me. I raised from the meditation and was more peaceful.

Then the ‘angel’ came, as me and my friend have come to call him. During a very rainy and damp day, 18th of March 2022, what looked like a stray cat appeared from nowhere: he was super thin, his fur matted, starved. As I took care of him, I immediately realized he was acting quite strange . He was black and white as my love, but quite the opposite in size, proportions etc. I took a picture of him and my friend pointed he had a white spot on his back looking like a pair of angel wings. Well, what’s the purpose of angels? ‘Angelus’ actually means ‘messenger’, ‘announcing’. This cat peeked at me through the same door where my cat would peek at me, asking to get in. He jumped from the little wall exactly like he did (except he had less energy than my cat) and asked to be let in. I let him in, and watched. He sat and waited. He seemed to be listening. He went straight to my bedroom, of the many rooms he could have gone to, he went to my cat water bowl ( which I still kept, refreshing the water when needed as a homage to my cat) and drank. He stood as he stood, and drank loudly as he did. I cried. I knew this cat could not be him, as he was too old. Also he had a totally different feeling and character : it totally felt as if he was ‘acting out’ some script. Then I had an intuition: of all people I texted a neighbor. It turned out to be her cat :he is cared for, but he has some metabolic and mental problems, can’t be totally healed and that makes him look like a stray. I feel he was so special, and he conveyed a message to me from my cat.

All along I have been talking to a girl living in my neighborhood who I had never met before. She lost her cat, a male tabby, in the same week I lost mine. We connected and made friends. She told me she had another female cat left, and she was pregnant. When the cat mommy gave birth to her babies, she sent me some pictures. And there I saw a small black and white cat, with the ‘tail pattern’, the white tip. He also had what looked like the symbol on his back, very blurry . Of course I couldn’t stop looking at the picture. But when I met the black and white I felt absolutely nothing : this big puppy looked at me with big serene eyes, moved slowly and had nothing of my cat essence or personality.

It was an episode with this neighbor, which unfortunately made us break our friendship, which got things started again. We saved together a small abandoned tabby, which she lately claimed for herself, breaking my heart, but the feeling of having a baby cat in my hands again kicked me into action : I felt this urge to act.

I volunteered to raise and adopt baby cats during the end of April 2022 when stray orphaned babies where popping up everywhere and foster mums, both human and cat, were very needed. But for some strange reason, even if it was raining kitties, I could get none : people not replying, someone coming before me and taking the cat before me or the kittens being too young and unfortunately dying before the volunteers could intervene and so on.

Finally a girl contacted me. We made the necessary arrangements and I organized to leave as soon as possible, for a 2 hours drive. At these point there were 5 people all cooperating to save a litter of 4 kittens, through a series of accidents and a bit of adventure, helping each other – and we are still in contact nowadays .The kitten were born one day before Easter 2022 and were now in a stone lab. Their mom was a young lady, black and white as my cat who passed. And she died in a car accident, too. When I first saw a picture of the litter, a black and white puppy stood out. But he was already claimed. At this point, many doubts filled my mind, but I decided to trust my intuition. Colors did not matter. Even if I had asked my cat to came back as similar as possible, so that my family could recognize and have a feel of him too.

So in the end I’ll tell you what was in the box I was handed : a couple of 20-days old, screaming, trembling, dirty kittens. One silver- gray, semi- tabby and semi-siamese puppy and … a black and white, with a flare on his muzzle. Here’s what happened : unexpectedly the lady who claimed the black and white one ( we also became acquainted and we currently exchange information and advice about the puppies) had been to the stone lab that morning, fell in love with a light gray puppy and decided to take her instead.

In the flare of my tuxedo kitty, clearly visibile, is the symbol. Under his eyes, two little trickles of white, resembling tear tracks, which for some reason make me emotional every time I look at them. And as about the tail … it doesn’t have the white tip but … it is not a regular tail. He has an extra long tail, with a slightly bent tip ( you can feel the bent bone only by holding his tail between your fingers).

I named them Argento, the silver- gray one ( argento means silver, in Italian) and Cagliostro, the black and white one. Cagliosto is actually the first name I was thinking to give to my previous cat and I had been indecisive for quite a while before naming him ( her) Silvestro, in the end. Cagliostro showed signs of being aware of his surroundings and of my presence before the other one: stood taller, started exploring sooner, started to display signs of a sassy character, as my previous cat. He likes to cuddle into me and looks into my eyes for long minutes, gently paws at my face, and actually climbed in bed with me when he was so small I thought it impossible for him to do so. I am often speechless. The feeling of being with someone I’ve known before comes over me in waves. A couple of friends who knew the story from the very beginning are positive Cagliostro is the new Silvestro. The awareness comes to me gently and slowly in time, as well as happiness and relief, as I raise these two little beasts who changed and animated my life a lot, and I now feel that familiar presence sleeping with me again. It cannot be described or explained easily.

At 50 days old, Cagliostro climbed on my desk where I have my picture album and my poster with myself and Silvestro, a little bit of a memorial actually. And put himself in a weird position, looking like he’s actually coming off from Silvestro’s back! It was so tender, so deep, so funny I took a picture of it.

At 3 months old, it became very clear that Cagliostro is also a female. But I don’t know if we will feel like changing his name.

Then I became aware that also Argento reminded me of someone. He gave me a sense of the first cat I considered for reincarnation : Inpiù. In those days when I was asking for Silvestro to come back, every day I said hello to all my lost pets. And when I saw Inpiù’s little face also asked him to come back if he wanted too. It was a big surprise when, at a closer inspection, I found the symbol on his forehead too.

All I have to say is : listen, listen with your heart, be open. Be inspired by others but follow your path. Ask for what you want, pray if you have to. Keep the contact alive. Don’t let anybody distract you or tell otherwise. Feel everything, explain nothing. I think the path your pet takes to come back to you is very personal to your own case.

I hope my story will be of help for all of you grieving. I wish you a joyful reunion!
View attachment 431091

Sorry for my english : of course when I say 'puppy' I mean 'kitten'. I had to check to discover that in english the word only refers to dogs. I'd like to modify my post but I don't know how :(.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not apologize, we will know what you meant. I think you have to have so many posts before you can edit, when you do you will see edit at the bottom of your post.