Does anyone bake their cat a cake?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People keep posting birthday things for their cats. Am I the only crazy cat lady who gives their cat a special birthday treat & takes pictures?

If you baked your cat a cake, did they love it??? If they loved it can I have the recipe?

Jackie (& hus sibbling’s) birthday is in September. Still I would love to give him a special treat on holidays (he & well all 3 minions are spoiled!!!) Jackie can’t have dairy but I think he could get away with a goat cheese frosting if need be.

Honestly last year I gave Nick, Cami & Jackie a lil soup each on a plastic birthday table cloth.

I have seen advertisements for cat cake recipes but I hesitate to trust them. Would chipped fresh salmon iced in goat cheese be better?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically no. BUT our family cat Emma, who happened to pass away last week, we DID have a 21st birthday for her last year. We had a little cupcake she licked the frosting off of. She always ate milk and cheese her whole life. Other than that no. I do give my cat scraps of meat when I am cooking, raw and unseasoned. She loves it. But not a cake no. That is cute though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t usually give him people food though he does love mouse size nibbles of wheat thins! I’m thinking of sealing their birthday candle (2) with wax to a large serving plate and putting some little soups on it(their favorite) but I will try my hand at making him goat cheese frosting.

I freely admit they get a larger celebration for my niece & nephew’s entertainment. Heck I’m trying my hand at making them Easter hats that they decorate to slip on the cats while they sleep to take pictures for them. (They are home bored & under quarantine atm.)

I couldn’t get them to all look at me during the group photos 🤷🏻‍♀️ Next year the photo shoots will be one at a time. As you can see the kids love them & the cats love the kids from a distance. 😉
BC5A4DFE-A144-4F24-B087-27AB46D88C7A.jpeg

26E15843-9183-4967-810A-3A5C0A250501.jpeg

C57CDB04-6D38-48A3-867E-D9ED760B9149.jpeg

26CFE344-6C2A-4510-BE68-F5500C2AB202.jpeg

Attachments

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For her last two birthdays, she got a little peanut butter spelling her age & after I gave her sardines. . . . . probably will just give her tiki cat ahi tuna or something this year

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan got tuna water and a few shreds of cheddar cheese on her first birthday a few weeks ago (March 15). I also got her some new crinkle balls to shred.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some recommended cooking carrots in tuna water juice then blending it to make frosting. So I’m going to experiment with it using some sweet potato and tuna juice for Easter.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some recommended cooking carrots in tuna water juice then blending it to make frosting. So I’m going to experiment with it using some sweet potato and tuna juice for Easter.
Can I ask why you're using carrots and sweet potato? Cats are obligate carnivores, they can't digest plant matter very well..Tuna juice on it's own would be healthier and probably more attractive to them anyways

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well one cat loves sweet potato! Also I was thinking a very small amount of sweet potato (or yam.) Plus their dry food has sweet potato in in it. Plus I was going to blend it into a nice runny Purée and use a tiny hole in a baggie to make decorative swirls on their plate. I’m also going to offer my twerp butternut squash ribbon pieces after I cook it, if he wants it. Plus I’m going to give him a tiny bit of goat cheese to see if he likes it.

I even knew a cat that loved broccoli 🥦 !!!!! Jackie rarely is interested in people food except cheese, Jackie only seems interested in dairy products , wheat thins, roasted turkey & pork (not bacon.)

I know cats are carnivores that is why why my boy eats mainly wet. However I’m talking about making it 1?3?4 times max a year.