does anybody latch hook ?

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't do it too often, but I really enjoy it when I have the time. I'm currently working on a cushion cover featuring a black cat in a meadow. I'm not sure when I'll be done as I've had an insanely busy schedule lately, but I'll have to post it when it's ready. I also have a rug somewhere of a kitten playing with a ball and another of a coral reef.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I did a couple of huge latch hook rugs that I hung on my walls. It is really a relaxing hobby with the repetitive motion and the beautiful pattern that comes out. Great wall art too. You will need to post pics of your project.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never tried; but I suspect it's one of those things my DD could get into if she were gifted a kit. Maybe not a big one; but something small to start.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'd like to see your work when it's finished. I used to do a lot of latch-hooking. Like a lot of activities, it fell by the wayside.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried it years ago, but didn't really care much for it. I used to knit, crochet, and counted cross stitch. Currently getting back into knitting and trying a little crochet (harder to get that right). Would love to see what you make.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
its coming along fairly well . im on the third kitty piece of it now ... yes i will post a pic of it when its completed :lovecat:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I designed and made one with a big Sanskrit Om in the middle and gave it to the yoga organisation I used to teach for. I find it really restful, and more useful than pictures for the wall. :)

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I used to do latch hook and made a rug. I also liked to knit and do needle point. But because I had to work with my hands a lot in the jobs I had I can't do these things anymore. My hands start cramping when I try.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
this is an almost finished rug piece that i have been working on for a long time View attachment 429241
Its beautiful. Quite a few years ago I did a couple latch hook rugs for the wall. It’s very relaxing to do and they are so beautiful when done. When I did my first one I cut all the yarn to length myself, which took forever. The second I used precut and that was so much faster and easier.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
this is an almost finished rug piece that i have been working on for a long time View attachment 429241
Nice! That’s got a lot of colors to track, I bet it‘s been challenging.

I tried it years ago, but didn't really care much for it. I used to knit, crochet, and counted cross stitch. Currently getting back into knitting and trying a little crochet (harder to get that right). Would love to see what you make.
lol
I have tried knitting a few times and always end up going back to crochet, which I find easier.
I’ve seen some amazing projects on Ravelry; knitting, crochet, tattting, and a few latch hook. If you are into any fiber arts, that site is a rabbit hole. So many craftspeople with a wide range of skills and techniques.