Does anybody here knit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm done with the gray one!

Next up a thinner tan one for my friend who wont leave me alone about knitting her a scarf lol. Sheesh, let me practice a bit first!

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love knitting!
Your pics reminded me of how my knitting would become thinner or larger when I was a kid - looked like a pyramid most of the time although it was supposed to be straight up...
These days I have gotten a lot of practise, but I may add that I've been practising for at least 20 years now, so don't let your first mistakes bother you, it does take a while to get a hang of it*encouraging smile*
The biggest project I've done so far was a cotton sweater for my by - 14 colors in mostly one-by-one patterns and both mum and MIL thought it'd drive them "crazy" and how they "couldn't possibly do such a thing" - well, after all it was *my* project!

Took a while and my honey hasn't worn it as yet, but then he's in hospital right now...maybe i can finally get him to wear it now

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minerva

I love knitting!
Your pics reminded me of how my knitting would become thinner or larger when I was a kid - looked like a pyramid most of the time although it was supposed to be straight up...
lol yes! When I started the first one I couldnt figure out why it kept getting wider and wider ... now I slip the first stitch isntead of knitting it and and that seems to have worked.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a couple more scarves I'm working on

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cool - beautiful job on the scarves! I sadly have made zero progress on mine. Too busy working and then too tired to pull it out and try to figure out where I left off. I think I'm better off having a "supervisor" around to help me when I get stuck.