Does anybody here have a "crazy" kitten story?

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For example, my kitten once tackles our mini schnauzer in an attempts to play wrestle, needless to say the poor little dog ran off into the sunset with much hurt feelings from her little fuzzy friend.

I love to hear quirky, or silly stories about kittens who seem to always be getting in trouble, share yours!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, my signature says it all - my kittens ARE the Crazy Kittens!

Not so much now, but when they boys were younger, maybe 3 months or so, they started having little play-fighting sessions. And they'd stand there, staring at each other, moving in circles. Then in unison they'd both jump up and bump chests. I expected shock waves to come from them (a la the Matrix) whenever they did that! They still do that occasionally.

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I moved into my house when the kittens were about 12 weeks old. One day I had the windows open to air out the new house (very musty smelling) while I was unpacking and cleaning. I folded some laundry and brought it to my room to put away...

That's when I came across Andy frantically pacing in front of the window. It was clear something was wrong due to his body language. When I looked out the window I was shocked...

Apparently Jake escaped through a tiny tear in the corner of the screen and was outside for the first time in his life. Andy wanted to join his little brother, but couldn't fit through the hole like Jake had.

I raced outside to Jake who was excitedly running back and forth on the side of my house. Luckily I was able to catch him and bring him inside. Once back safely inside, I started to assess for the first time ever, ways I needed to kitty proof the house!

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our house has six cats and five of them were born from Rose (they're all fixed now, thank heavens). Anyway, when they were three days old (she gave birth in my room and seemed to have no problem with me getting close) the largest of the kittens (who was later named Ra) plastered himself against his mother's tummy to cover all  of her teats and prevent the other kittens from eating. Before I could intervene (I was wary of getting too close--I've heard stories of mother cats killing their broods if they felt the broods were threatened) the smallest kitten of the litter (later named Princess) wriggled her way between her brother and her mother's tummy and pushed  him away from the teats so all the other kittens could eat. I wouldn't put this story on the thread, except I've never heard of this happening before and it shocked me when I saw it.