Does Any One Else's Cat...

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Does anyone else's cat get impatient before breakfast, then snuggly after?

In the mornings, Monet refuses to let me pet him. He'll nip, bit and hit me every time I try. I take my time getting out of bed, waking up.

After he eats, he then insists on snuggles, the only time he really snuggles.

It's like he's rewarding me for feeding him. "No, you are not allowed to pet me until after you feed me. Once I am fed, you will be rewarded with snuggles"

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else's cat get impatient before breakfast, then snuggly after?

In the mornings, Monet refuses to let me pet him. He'll nip, bit and hit me every time I try. I take my time getting out of bed, waking up.

After he eats, he then insists on snuggles, the only time he really snuggles.

It's like he's rewarding me for feeding him. "No, you are not allowed to pet me until after you feed me. Once I am fed, you will be rewarded with snuggles"
They are funny aren't they, proper little characters mine run to me to pet them and they know what comes next is their breakfast n then yes they both climb on me afterwards as if to say thanks mum

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one of mine that this describes is Clawed-Ya. Once I have her bowl in hand, and start singing, "Breakfast Time For Kittycats¹," she's right there in front of me, weaving through my legs and trying to trip me so she gets her breakfast two seconds sooner than she would if she'd waited for me to set it down on her place mat.

¹Yes - of course there are songs for the other daily meals. What - you don't sing, "Suppertime... and the livin' is easy," at night?