Does A Ragdoll And Ragamuffin Result In Ragdoll?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how cute! What are you going to name him?

I don't know the finer points of picking a Ragdoll breeder but they're certainly much much better than that other breeder. I don't think you'll regret buying from this breeder.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That breeder look so much better as does that kitten. Congratulations and please share photos as your little one grows:rock:. :loveeyes::loveeyes::clap2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh how cute! What are you going to name him?

I don't know the finer points of picking a Ragdoll breeder but they're certainly much much better than that other breeder. I don't think you'll regret buying from this breeder.
I agree, we could not be more excited! We don't know what to name him. I wonder if Crosby, as in Ol' Blue Eyes, would be a fitting name...just came to me. Such big blue eyes!

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That breeder look so much better as does that kitten. Congratulations and please share photos as your little one grows:rock:. :loveeyes::loveeyes::clap2:
Thank you! I sure will!!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree, we could not be more excited! We don't know what to name him. I wonder if Crosby, as in Ol' Blue Eyes, would be a fitting name...just came to me. Such big blue eyes!
Just to throw in my two cents. I don't name pets for at least a week. Lets me get a feel for their personality. Nightfury didn't have a name for three months, Rocket (whose full name is actually Rocket the Raccoon, from GotG, and definitely not Rocky, she's a prissy little girl but it suits her attitude and bossiness) wasn't named for 3 weeks and Link (Zelda reference and he is very protective) was a week and a half.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
So glad that you found your dream Ragdoll! I hope to see pics when you bring him home!

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to throw in my two cents. I don't name pets for at least a week. Lets me get a feel for their personality. Nightfury didn't have a name for three months, Rocket (whose full name is actually Rocket the Raccoon, from GotG, and definitely not Rocky, she's a prissy little girl but it suits her attitude and bossiness) wasn't named for 3 weeks and Link (Zelda reference and he is very protective) was a week and a half.
Yes, I agree that waiting to see if any name is fitting is a great idea. He is coming home Saturday, we can't wait to meet him. He is a healthy baby, he will be 12 weeks tomorrow, and he is already 3 pounds!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you visited this breeder? It's recommended to visit the breeder to see if the cats are well taken care of and healthy, the breeding rooms are kept clean and orderly,breeding records are accurate and detailed, etc before putting a deposit down for a kitten. You don't want to end up with a kitten that is sick or has bad genetics which may cause health issues later in life or was poorly handled.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you visited this breeder? It's recommended to visit the breeder to see if the cats are well taken care of and healthy, the breeding rooms are kept clean and orderly,breeding records are accurate and detailed, etc before putting a deposit down for a kitten. You don't want to end up with a kitten that is sick or has bad genetics which may cause health issues later in life or was poorly handled.

This is especially true in Ragdolls (and in certain other breeds as well), given their predisposition to Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. A kitten from a Ragdoll breeder who doesn't test, or who will not make the laboratory test available to a prospective client should be disregarded completely. The genetic mutation should be tested for in all cases with this breed, and a good breeder will not sell an untested kitten.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frank Sinatra was, "old blue eyes;" Crosby was called, "Der Bingle," or, "The Old Groaner."

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Frank Sinatra was, "old blue eyes;" Crosby was called, "Der Bingle," or, "The Old Groaner."
Oh...Geez, you are so right, thank you! My history is usually better, but not by much. I'll need to consider "Sinatra" as a name then, then I suppose!!

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is especially true in Ragdolls (and in certain other breeds as well), given their predisposition to Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. A kitten from a Ragdoll breeder who doesn't test, or who will not make the laboratory test available to a prospective client should be disregarded completely. The genetic mutation should be tested for in all cases with this breed, and a good breeder will not sell an untested kitten.

I requested to visit the first cattery (Ragdollkittens.com), but I was told they don't take visitors, and gave some reason for it. The second breeder was happy to allow us to visit, she is just so far away. So I did research Riterags, and I also spoke to their veterinarian. After that I was satisfied, and decided a visit was not necessary.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I requested to visit the first cattery (Ragdollkittens.com), but I was told they don't take visitors, and gave some reason for it. The second breeder was happy to allow us to visit, she is just so far away. So I did research Riterags, and I also spoke to their veterinarian. After that I was satisfied, and decided a visit was not necessary.
"Riterags," is Deb Parks' cattery. Since she's shown two Best of Bests and an SGC Best TICA (Alonzo), it would be hard to find someone more reliable from whom to buy a Raggie, given also that they do proper genetic and medical testing and offer a two year health guarantee. I doubt that you could have made a better choice, really.

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"Riterags," is Deb Parks' cattery. Since she's shown two Best of Bests and an SGC Best TICA (Alonzo), it would be hard to find someone more reliable from whom to buy a Raggie, given also that they do proper genetic and medical testing and offer a two year health guarantee. I doubt that you could have made a better choice, really.

Yes! I know! Alonzo is our new kitten's father! So excited!! I just knew we picked an awesome breeder and baby! I'm so grateful I steered away from Ragdollkittens.com

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is your new little one doing??
He's doing great! He started purring the minute I took him out of the carrier. He is so sweet, well adjusted, and has the most amazing blue eyes. He just took over the place. We are so happy with our new baby. The breeder called to make sure he was ok.
201705089519012490895resized001002.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a little doll. He looks so relaxed and comfortable in his new home. I hope you share photos are he grows. He is going to be ome georgeous cat.