Doctors Appointment vibes?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go to the doctor this afternoon. The past month I have had this really odd numbness in my stomach, at first we thought it was an injury due to starting pole fitness and being clumsy as a giraffe on rollerskates, but now my stomach is still numb but swollen and sore. And last night I was nauseous most of the night and dizzy and had a headache. This morning I woke up with a swollen spot under my breast the size of a ping pong ball and its very tender and it hurts to breathe. Plus I've been having some pretty severe pains involving some lady parts, so I'm off to planned parenthood this afternoon. Luckily ours does womens general health too, and since I dont have insurance thats a very very great thing!

Now the real problem... I made the mistake of Googling it... I dont know if anyone has ever told you this but:
NEVER, EVER, EVER, Google your symptoms! It will cause you to have a panic attack

But I'm hoping its nothing major and I'm just out the cost of an office visit!

Can I get some vibes that its just something stupid and small and nothing to worry about! And not the scary stuff that I found online

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun, googling your symptoms can definitely drive you crazy!! I've experienced this myself, many times, and then going to the doctor cleared up all of my worries...
You have lots of vibes coming from me, but please don't panic!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds scary, but I hope your appointment goes well and it's nothing serious!!

And yes, Googling something even as simple as a stuffy nose can make you think the worst! No good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the doc and I have a bacterial infection and showing signs of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease...

Got a shot that has made my leg hurt so much I am ready to chop it off, and 2 different antibiotics. So hopefully it will all clear up within a few weeks. I have to go back in 2 weeks to find out if I'm clear or not.
Although after I got home and was reading through the drug info stuff, the shot she gave me said to be aware if you are allergic to penicillin... which I am... but she knows because she asked as she was going to get the medicine, so now I'm worried about that too

milu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear! I hope you get better soon
Hopefully the meds won't cause more problems. Can you call PP to make sure it's ok for you to take them?

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, infections aren't fun, but it could've been a lot worse. I hope the meds get you feeling better SOON!! And yeah, maybe give the clinic a call just to double check out the shot.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MiLu

Oh dear! I hope you get better soon
Hopefully the meds won't cause more problems. Can you call PP to make sure it's ok for you to take them?
it was a shot so I didnt get to read it until I got home about 20 minutes after getting it. Oh well... we will see what happens I guess! Luckily its a very very mild allergy, just a rash and discomfort

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Well, infections aren't fun, but it could've been a lot worse. I hope the meds get you feeling better SOON!! And yeah, maybe give the clinic a call just to double check out the shot.
Bummer about the pain from the shot - maybe you should call just to make sure?

More you recover right quick!!!!!

milu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oops, sorry, you got the shot already. Silly me. But call for your peace of mind

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may also want to take some Benadryl, just to ward off any allergic reaction. It shouldn't interact with anything, but you could check with your doctor just in case.

Ice the injection site to help with the pain. Hope you recover quickly.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Just got back from the doc and I have a bacterial infection and showing signs of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease...

Got a shot that has made my leg hurt so much I am ready to chop it off, and 2 different antibiotics. So hopefully it will all clear up within a few weeks. I have to go back in 2 weeks to find out if I'm clear or not.
Did she take a swab to determine what bacteria? Usually PID is caused by gonorrhea or chlamydia. Both are highly contagious STD's.

If you are sexually active your male partner(s) need to be treated as well or you will be reinfected.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Did she take a swab to determine what bacteria? Usually PID is caused by gonorrhea or chlamydia. Both are highly contagious STD's.

If you are sexually active your male partner(s) need to be treated as well or you will be reinfected.
yeah I've been with 1 guy, still with him, we've been together for 8 1/2 years, we live together, have for over a year and a half, and dont have any major problems. She said she didnt think it was caused by an STD but she did send off a swab just to be sure.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

yeah I've been with 1 guy, still with him, we've been together for 8 1/2 years, we live together, have for over a year and a half, and dont have any major problems. She said she didnt think it was caused by an STD but she did send off a swab just to be sure.
He should still be checked and treated for an infection for whatever bacteria it is you are being treated for, in order to prevent reinfection.