Do your kitties stare?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the stares while we are eating...Usually because everyone is waiting for cast offs...Like last night when I accidentally flipped a shrimp off my plate and Fatman literally attacked it to get it from the dog!!! At night though my staring one is Hercules if Im not petting him while he is laying down he will stare until I give in!

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

Oh if only my bathroom time were private!!
I always have a four legged audience, usually all three!
My two stare at me constantly. If I have a bath they will push the bathroom door open and stare at me. They probably think I've taken leave of my senses sitting in all that water...

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy can stare but will break her own stare in less than 1 minute. it's when i'm in bed. ........ i find it "ok i guess" because her expression is calm, she blinks, etc. i don't get an odd vibe etc.

then for fun, i always ask her "how may i help you?" (using a very surly mcdonald's or burger king cashier voice --LOL)

and of course i get no answer

clowangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat only ever stares at me when he wants me to play with him, but not before quite literally bouncing off the walls to make his point. He'll also stare at me while I put his dinner together.

Other than that, he's never really watched me. He more or less ignores my existence. The only way I know he acknowledges the fact that I'm alive is he refuses to leave whichever room I happen to be in. And if he needs or wants to leave whatever room I'm in, he'll meow at me until I get up and go with him.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily is our big starer. We got a new super tall cat tree recently which is right next to the tv, and she LOVES to sit at the top of it and stare at us while we watch tv. It's quite disconcerting

tiffany01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats will stare at me or my mom when we walk into a room lol.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
HAHA.. Tiger is the one hat usually stares at me from the bedside table. We call him our little kitty Gargoyle.

Also... Tiger has the habit of laying next to me in bed when it's time to go to sleep and stares into the creepy dark bathroom with WIDE eyes like he sees something in there!
Umm... This doesn't especially help since boyfriend makes me watch scary movies before bed! I freak OUT!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny... They all stare, in different ways, but Hope is weird... I was thinking about this for the last few days, and found this post...
She has this eerie, almost ghostly, weird, creepy stare...
Hard to explain... When Lucky and Bugsy stare at me, I can see they are communicating something - begging, loving.... Lucky is a MASTER in communicating with her eyes... we communicate with the eyes ALL the time, she imitates me.... Bugsy has loving, sad eyes, but he knows how to beg...

But Hope.... EMPTY - weird empty stare that I can not figure it out... it makes me uneasy...
Does anyone have a kitty that stare this way? I swear - she is not communicating - she is staring at me and nothing, empty, weird and creepy...

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Baylen, my kitten, will stare at me at night. She stares at me with crossed eyes. I just scoop her up and cuddle her.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

But Hope.... EMPTY - weird empty stare that I can not figure it out... it makes me uneasy...
Does anyone have a kitty that stare this way? I swear - she is not communicating - she is staring at me and nothing, empty, weird and creepy...
Maybe she's like us and how we sometimes stare into space like we're zoned out? Does she only stare this way or only sometimes?