Do Your Cats Sleep In Bed With You?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The more I hear about snowshoes turning their humans into slaves the more I think I need 1 or 5. Love their spunk and moxie. :cool2:
They are something else at times. Link got a random energy burst the other night, he licked Rocket to try to wake her up, she didnt respond, so he took a step back and jumped on her stomach to wake her up. I don't think it went how he expected. She jumped up yowling and smacked him. He left looking very confused.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
They are something else at times. Link got a random energy burst the other night, he licked Rocket to try to wake her up, she didnt respond, so he took a step back and jumped on her stomach to wake her up. I don't think it went how he expected. She jumped up yowling and smacked him. He left looking very confused.
Well of course he was confused! Humans love being woken up mid-sleep like a trampoline, why shouldn't kitties!?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
My Bear sleeps in my bedroom every night most of the time on the two pillows I leave on the bed for him right next to me. He does wake me up at different times during the night most of all just climbs up on my chest or my side. When I wake up he is usually lightly pawing my face or putting his nose to my nose or his cheek to my cheek I just pet him let him purr he usually rolls over on his back and wants a tummy and chest rub. I don't get upset at him waking me I made a commitment to give him a happy home and lots of love. He is 6 months now I got him two months ago from a animal shelter he is part Maine Coon and was placed in the shelter from one month old. I feel so bad for him when I think about that being separated from his mother at one month old. A very interesting thing happened the other day. I had been sick and had a lot of pain in my right foot. That night before he came and slept up my the pillows he laid down over the top of my right foot. He stayed there for awhile and when I started to go to sleep he came up by the pillow. I woke up in the middle of the night and he was still awake as if he was watching over me and he did not do his normal wake me up routine. When the alarm went off he was still laying there wide awake. Was that just a coincident or was he in his own way trying to help me heal.
I think so. Was he purring while on top of your foot? I read that purrs are healing aids.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Katy comes to join me later on in the night. The first thing she likes to do when she jumps into the bed next to me is to start the "kneading" process for about a minute of two. I always sleep with my comforter over me, so I have a matching thick blanket set out right next to me for her toe nails when she starts kneading on the side of the bed Katy jumps onto. She will settle down on that blanket, start kneading for a few minutes, then lie down and go to sleep. She never will just jump up and settle down without "kneading" (while purring) first.