Do Your Cats Like Their Bellies Rubbed?

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finny is always showing everyone his tummy and everything else down there too. He lets it all air out lol but both of my boys seem to have no issue with being pet there. Of course if they are playful I leave the tummies alone, but once they are relaxed and in the mood for loving, it's free real estate lol Considering how many small children are in my family it's reassuring.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Austin just gave you the greatest compliment. Getting to rub a kitty's tummy is a sign that he/she trusts you.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Callie? "Oh, it's time to play murder the hand"
Fresca? "Oh, it's time to play murder the hand" she will go one step further and murder the hand even if you touch her with a toy.
Patch? "Oh, it's time to play murder the hand"
Alana loves it.

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Binx definitely does. Kaia is so so about it.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With patches if he's in the mood rub all you like,He will only let me everyone else in the family will feel his claws and teeth.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Willow's belly is sooooooo cute and I would love to rub it and kiss it and blow raspberries on it but she's a kitten, so I keep my hands to myself.

Unless we're wrestling, of course, but we're still working on bite inhibition so that doesn't happen very often.

Maybe she'll trust me enough later on.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Um. Yes.

And yes, that vacuum is turned on.
Oh how cool! I wish we could use the vacuum on Gypsy but she is absolutely terrified of them. Even when they are just sitting there turned off. I have it dismantled hoping she will get used to the pieces and not be so afraid. We can only use it when the other has taken her for walkies (meanderings and flopsies) outside. She was 1 or 2 when she adopted us so I wonder if she had been tramuized by some @ssh*le when she was younger. She loves belly, chest & chin rubs.

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Purrito the kitten seems to like them, judging by the way he grabs your hand and keeps it there. Of course, he also gets nibbly soon after, so it might just be a slow hand trap. Mia the mama cat adores belly rubs and will wiggle on her back after you if you try to move your hand. Haven't tested the rest of the litter....

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The two boys have gotten to like belly rubs a lot. Meep is getting better as she gets older. She often will let me belly rub her for five minutes or so.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amelia likes belly rubs only when she's sleepy. At any other time, I think she sees it as an invitation to play. She'll grab my hand, but with claws mostly sheathed, bunny kick it (still no claws), rub her head all over it, then vigorously lick it as if it's a naughty kitten. Luckily she's okay with chest rubs, since her chest is even softer than her belly.

Mischief doesn't seem to like them. She's not as tactile as Amelia, which does make me a little sad. She likes head and face petting but doesn't really want to be touched anywhere else unless she's laying down and comfortable. For that reason, I haven't really tried to touch her belly much.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Burdock and Miss Eleanor, it's rub-a-dub-dub, but with any of the others, not unless you are wearing a Kevlar or chain mesh gauntlet.

kosame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Theo twitches his leg like a dog when I rub his belly! He loves it.
Remi will let you do anything to him, he likes belly rubs.
Cocoa, my dad's cat who I live with as well, will, very swiftly, murder your hands if you try :) She lets dad though!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jackie loves having his chest scratched & puts up with me petting his belly occasionally. (White with grey stripes, lynx point siamese mix.)
3E2FB6DC-968A-4851-A73E-7D92AAB986E5.jpeg

Dante disliked it but put up with it...... he just squirmed away or rolled over. (Grey tabby white belly.)
66B21617-9932-4845-ADAC-9E4B8A8966B7.jpeg

Salem lets me cup his jiggly belly/squishy belly for a half minute. He is retired at my mom’s house. (Peach)
83F26320-51C7-46DE-9C53-166A53FE3AEB.jpeg
Jackie’s brother Nick (Black/baby panther) & sister Cami (grey peach fluffy torture/rag doll mix) live with my mom but I included them to. Nick doesn’t care for it but it pretty passive. He doesn’t offer so I leave him be. Cami well she puts up with just about anything but so far just moves away to avoid it.
59B3BB39-DAF2-4AA4-8316-442BD7F6831F.jpeg
EA990236-CA63-41E8-BD03-85AEBC2D69D5.jpeg

Attachments