Do Your Cats Like Their Bellies Rubbed?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have the whole spectrum:

Nightfury - pet the belly, kiss the belly, love the belly
Rocket - Don't touch.... Unless.... Zoned out, comfortable, half asleep, just a little belly rubbing please...... Right there...... Wait, no belly...... Well maybe I liked that.
Link - touch my belly and die human.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greg..... rub his tummy and he will stretch out full length, roll about and want more tummy rubs, until suddenly he doesnt. At this point he gets up and moves away.

Arnold......loves tummy rubs in bed. He will arch back, rub his face against mine and purr. This can go on for some time.

But rub his tummy any other time and he thinks its a game.........time to play "bleeding finger". And they arent kitten claws.

20181102_073631.jpg

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily loves belly rubs, anywhere, anytime.
Both Bynx and Chester love their belly rubs when they are in their relaxed, cuddle modes but if you pet their belly when they are in their play mode, they will commandeer your hand (no claws and gentile teeth) and never let go!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Lily and Iris are okay with belly rubs, but Mocha begs for them. She’ll run ahead of us, flop over onto her side, and stre-e-e-tch her front and back legs as far as they’ll go so she’s curved so you can rub her tummy. Angel Max had a strict no belly touching policy, and if you forgot, he’d go all shark on you.

Flapjack's Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Flapjack loved his belly rubs, he would roll on the floor around my feet whilst I gave him rubs saying , "Mommy's sweet bay-bee (baby)." <3
Unfortunately he's in cat heaven now .

Olivia and Natasha aren't too fond of em, but when they do expose their bellies, I tickle it. So they can get used to me touching their bellies and so far, so good.

Dorian and Bunny are 5 week old kittens, so I don't think they understand that cats generally don't like their bellies touched yet, lol. So i'm taking advantage of that so they'll enjoy belly rubs when they're older :D

basilleaves

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anya is a bear trap.

Phil was raised to tolerate rubs and has since blessed us by being inexplicably fat. My favorite thing to do is hold his belly flub while he walks. He doesn't seem to mind!