Do Your Cats Knead?

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, earlier I was watching a video on YouTube and it showed a cat kneading a blanket. I stopped and thought "Huh...Shadow doesn't knead at all."

My last cat Holly, kneaded all the time, but shadow just gets into position and flops.

So I want to know, does your cat or cats knead?

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All three of mine knead. C'est Moi is the biggest kneader of my 3, she loves to knead on soft blankets; Olivie likes to knead on me!

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Marx kneads only one specific blanket (he also likes to "dig" in it and bury his head in it - I think it somehow reminds him of his mom). I have never seen him do it anywhere else except for that blanket (seen in picture below).

IMG_20180623_193746_HDR.jpg

My moms cat does it all the time and to everyone! One time he had his paw injured and couldn't stand on it so in order to knead someone he would climb into ones lap and sorta jump with his one good paw up and down in order to "knead" - it was so sad and funny at the same time, poor little baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One time he had his paw injured and couldn't stand on it so in order to knead someone he would climb into ones lap and sorta jump with his one good paw up and down in order to "knead" - it was so sad and funny at the same time, poor little baby.
Aww! He's just a stickler for the way things should be done. God forbid he lies down without a proper knead. Hehe

Marx is cute, is he a blue or a DSH?

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww! He's just a stickler for the way things should be done. God forbid he lies down without a proper knead. Hehe

Marx is cute, is he a blue or a DSH?
Well, he was sold as a BSH and by all means looks (and feels) like one but officially he is a DSH since he has no papers to prove his bloodline :D

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fudge kneads regularly, particularly on my clothes. I've heard that kneading on humans or items humans have worn is a sign of affection as sometimes cats like to knead to mark their presence on humans and other animals and things that they have a particular fondness for.

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, they all do. On us, blankets, furniture and anything else they get their little paws on. :)

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of our 8, 6 of them knead.

Just curious, does anyone else have a cat that kneads with all four paws? Our newest addition Buddy does this. It's really comical to watch. I've never seen a cat do that before.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link will knead on a rare occasion. Rocket will whenever she is settling in to sleep. Fury? You say his name, look at him or do anything really and he is kneading in a heartbeat. Air kneading if there is no surface to knead on.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All 4 of my cats knead. Casey snuggles and kneads on me when I am laying on the couch. He also leads me to the couch when I get home from work every day.

Apollo is daddy's kid and kneads on daddy before he snuggles into to go to sleep.

Sonny comes to bed every night and kneads on me while grooming my face. When he is done he goes to sleep in his spot at the bottom of my bed.

Starbuck likes to knead on me when I first wake up on my days off. Sometimes she will knead on me and groom my face before settling to go to sleep at night.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The first time I met kitten Leonid, he started kneading on my arm. When I got him home, he would stand on my chest and knead. That was painful and I said "Ouch" and I would lift him up and put him beside me. He learned not to knead my chest, but now he kneads my comforter. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a large poof of goose feathers when I straightened out the comforter. Leonid had kneaded a hole in it! :lol: There is now a duct tape patch on the comforter! Here he is admiring his handiwork!

Leo comforter 005.JPG

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, both of them do and both knead on me.
Onsa with her claws out. When she cuddles with me, I end up with puncture wounds all over.
Samai doesn't use her claws, but puts all 25 lbs of her into her kneading. She used to love to stand up and knead into my gut, but since the doctor thinks that the pressure is what caused my intestinal abscess, I had to put a stop to it. Now I have bruises on my legs.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of our 8, 6 of them knead.

Just curious, does anyone else have a cat that kneads with all four paws? Our newest addition Buddy does this. It's really comical to watch. I've never seen a cat do that before.
Lottie kneads with all 4 feet - and she will find a pressure point for each of those feet! All of mine knead - mostly on me. I should look like a pin cushion!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lottie kneads with all 4 feet - and she will find a pressure point for each of those feet! All of mine knead - mostly on me. I should look like a pin cushion!
Kneading with all four paws is so funny! Buddy sort of ends up doing a crouchwalk/knead combo when I'm lying in bed and will go from my chest to my feet and back again. Glad to know he's not the only one. It's so cute, I hope he never outgrows it!