Do your cats have last names?

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My abyssinian cat named Dion, was named after Dion Dimucci who was the lead singer for Dion and the Belmonts(old rock and roll band, they sang "Run around Sue") Anyway Dion my cat is a food Mooch, so he got the last name of Dion Dimucci with a twist on it. Dion Damooch

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has a registered name, and her common call name that is her "real" name, and has the name she is called on a daily basis, kitty kitty! LOL.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my animals share my last name. Twix has two - at first I shared her with a friend before it got too expensive for her to buy food/litter every other month - and thus has her first one (Junior) along with mine.

onyxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope too, my cats have my last name

My favourite was my RB Spider, she changed her name with me when I got married and became Spider Murphy, always loved that because of the Elvis song Jailhouse rock (Spider Murphy played on the saxaphone...)
Always made me laugh when I get jab reminders from the vet adressed to Spider & Gooner Murphy
(looking forward to getting them for Pipsi & Dude Murphy!)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not to hijack the thread, but Mark Twain in one of his books remarked on the last names of animals. He noted that a dog named Joe that belonged the Smiths would be called Joe Smith, but a slave named Joe that belonged to the same family would be called "Smiths' Joe."

I notice that the vet's office put "Punkin Blanche" on our cat carrier.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Frankie seems to have recently aquired a new last name!
DH likes to call her Franks and Beans and as a result I've started calling her Ms. Beans. So, She's now Frankie "franks" Beans.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, their names are hyphenated versions of my last name and my SO's last name.

It's the reason I didn't pick any flower names for them (because one of our last names is similar in spelling to a flower).

tigerlily0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With my new cats, Harry and Misty, I've taken to adding a last name sometimes. I've been reading the Warriors series of books, in which the cats have names like "Firepaw" and "Ravenpaw", etc. So Harry has become "Harry Crosspaw" because he likes to cross his front paws when he lies down, and Misty has become "Misty Threepaw", well, because she's got three legs.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my kitties have middles names + my last name.
chloe is chloe sniffers doe because she is SO nosy and sniffs around on everything. shes the nosiest cat i have ever seen. other ppl comment on this as well lol
patchy is princess patches the piglet doe since she is a diva and a total oinker...im guessing a lot like aretha franklin is. (that was really mean of me, wasnt it?) jk jk my patchy isnt hateful like aretha LOL

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i am so glad im not the only one!!! Mine have last names, but not my last name, its way too embarrasing for me to have this last name so i would never give it to anyone else, not even my cats.. Monsters full name is Monster Michael Rein, he has my bfs first name as his middle name, & my bfs last name. Mittens' full name is Mittens Mooch Rein. Mooch bc she is just that. if you have food she is right there, & will eat just about anything.

berry punch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jinxsie doesn't have a last name, but Charlie does because he's named after Charlie Conway from The Mighty Ducks movies.

helen863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Samson Mustane.

Cos Danny (my boyfriend) wanted Mustane so bad he wouldnt let it go. lol. (After Dave Mustane from megadeth, cos he is the only cool red head, lol, and samson has some red in him) So i let him have it as his last name.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course!

My sister noticed that Zissou was super flexible and limp (like a ragdoll kinda, just not the breed) and reminds you of a slinky. When you pick her up, she drapes herself over you, and she's metal-gray like the Slinky we had as kids.

So, on her insurance and vet records, her name is "Zissou Slinkster".

skinnycat75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both my cat's last names are Van Pelt, after Linus and Lucy in Peanuts

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty and Dusty have the same last name..... Ola

So Rusty Ola and Dusty Ola...

When they are in trouble, my DH just yells CAT! And they stop what they are doing... lol

When DH gives them their wetfood, he calls it their "special" he just calls.. "Babies!" and they come running from wherever they are napping at the time. They can be sound asleep and when he calls that way, they will be instantly awake!

daisydoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my baby daisy’s last name is meadow hahaha
with about 100 nicknames… /variations/combinations lmao she’s a little black and white medium hair… daisy moo the dairy doo 🖤🥛 🐮🌼 🐈⬛ 🤍
42736392-03D9-42DA-B91B-70F74F1F0B5B.jpeg
FE50F7FA-DE02-4BE6-8DD0-E15E01A3D628.jpeg