Do your cats have extra whiskers?

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just about sure all the cats we've had had an extra one or two somewhere random on the cheek. But none with "nose-whiskers" like yours. I occasionally find shed ones lying around where the furkids like to hang out.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know of someones little girl ( age 6) who used her school scissors to cat her cat whiskers off. Boy,did she get in trouble.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Random question.. does anyone SAVE their cats whiskers? I want to and make something out of them.. but no idea what!

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Random question.. does anyone SAVE their cats whiskers? I want to and make something out of them.. but no idea what!
Hmmm... If you knew how to make brushes, they might make great paint brushes, but you'd have to be very patient saving them. I only see one lying around every 6 mos. or so and we have 2 cats.

sweetrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think mine has extra whiskers i tried to count them but he didnt like me disturbing his nap =p he may not have extra whiskers but he has extra digits he has thumbs 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I looked at Cassie.. and I did take a good look. She has an extra row on top with two whiskers on each side.. and a whisker at the sides of the bridge of her nose like Fuzzle's cat pictured above. Its hard to see since she's all white on her face!

tobykitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is Toby - he's 12 weeks - looks like he has lots of whiskers (he is also polydactyl on all 4 paws) -- but not sure if kittens usually have more whiskers than adults??

They are very long...  He also has very long eye-brow whiskers!

sweetrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Toby - he's 12 weeks - looks like he has lots of whiskers (he is also polydactyl on all 4 paws) -- but not sure if kittens usually have more whiskers than adults??

They are very long...  He also has very long eye-brow whiskers!
He so precious what a adorable sweetie 

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Katherine has whiskers on her lips on her chin on her checks between eye and nose on the back of her arms and above the eyes :/

misscattitude

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little Gacy has these weird antennae, too! None of our other three cats do, not even her litter mate sister... Can't find much info on it anywhere. Just a genetic anomaly, I guess...

tehcouch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a jar I've collected my older cats shed whiskers in. I think I've got 20 or so now?

Actually found this googling for the weird extra whiskers thing. We just adopted a kitten from a mixed litter. She is a mackerel tabby with white belly/sock, she's a bit lighter in color than most dark tabbies. Her brothers were dark classic oyster tabby. I don't know if they had them, but I had never seen them before I noticed hers.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I do.  Whenever I find one, I put it in jar for safekeeping.   Reportedly, cat whiskers are good luck.  

supercatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never knew keeping Whiskers was good luck,funny that my
Cats name is Whiskers![emoji]128514[/emoji]

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never knew keeping Whiskers was good luck,funny that my
Cats name is Whiskers![emoji]128514[/emoji]
Just what I've heard - no guarantee.  I live in the south where many people are superstitious.  I figure it can't hurt.   

nancybo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My rescued cat, Bit Bit, has 4 whiskers I would say at at the back of his jaw bone on each side. There are 2 up somewhat below his ear & 2 below that and just about as long as the others. I've never seen any there before and I've had many cats in my lifetime. When I got him, someone had cut his front ones off.

Attachments

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My rescued cat, Bit Bit, has 4 whiskers I would say at at the back of his jaw bone on each side. There are 2 up somewhat below his ear & 2 below that and just about as long as the others. I've never seen any there before and I've had many cats in my lifetime. When I got him, someone had cut his front ones off.
Both of my cats have that! I'll see if I can upload an image to this thread. Bit Bit is so cute!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They are very long... He also has very long eye-brow whiskers!
That’s a set of whiskers with a side of kitten. ;)